[Scpg] PSC Advanced Permaculture Apprenticeship Program Sebastopol.

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Fri Sep 20 07:57:03 PDT 2013

Advanced Permaculture Apprenticeship Program

The Permaculture Skills Center (PSC) is implementing an apprenticeship program over the next six months at our beautiful five-acre property in Sebastopol.  Come learn exciting and practical Permaculture applications for your life’s work.

You will learn about regenerative farming, ecological landscaping, food forest management, program development and management, CSA development, water harvesting, soil fertility systems, design and planning, project management and more. Work alongside the PSC to design and build ecological farms and landscapes. You will work on projects locally and regionally.

This apprenticeship program is broken into two different areas of focus; regenerative farming and ecological landscaping.  The apprenticeship will cover both focal areas over the course of the program.

There are only eight places available, so please send us your resume including references and a one to two page letter about why you're interested in our program by October 4th, 2013.  We will then be scheduling interviews over the following few weeks and will be selecting qualified individuals for the program, with a start date of October 25, 2013 (6-month program). Please apply using the email address, below.

Selected applicants will participate in this program for 3-6 months, two days per week. We will be working together on Thursday and Friday from 9-430.  Lunch is not provided, although there may be a potluck organized if it is advantageous for all participants.  There will be a break over Thanksgiving week and the last two weeks of December through the first two weeks of January 2014.

Upon successfully finishing the apprenticeship program, you will receive a certificate of completion and a letter of recommendation for future schooling and employment opportunities.

All interns get to take home a weekly box of seasonal veggies and fruits, as well as seeds and plants as available.  There will be a total of three overnight on-site campouts as part of a team-build over the course of the program.

The cost per person is:
6-month apprenticeship Oct 2013-May 2014 = $2,500-$3,000 sliding scale. (4 openings)
3-month apprenticeship Feb-May 2014 = $1000-$1500 sliding scale. (4 opening)
We have scholarship/work trades available for two people to attend at a $1,500 rate (6 month program).  If you need the work trade please include reference to this in your cover letter.

Thank you!  The PSC team

Copyright © 2013 Permaculture Skills Center, All rights reserved.
You are on this list to keep you informed about local regenerative agriculture.

Our mailing address is:
Permaculture Skills Center
2185 Hwy 116 South
Sebastopol, CA 95472

Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences