[Scpg] PLEASE LIKE the PERMACULTURE CREDIT Facebook page and see the transformation of our financial world

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat Oct 5 10:26:23 PDT 2013

https://www.facebook.com/PermacultureCU

PLEASE LIKE the PERMACULTURE CREDIT UNION Facebook page   and see the transformation of our financial world

The Permaculture Credit Union (PCU) is the first and only credit union in the United States that operates exclusively within permaculture values. Established in 2000, the PCU pools the financial resources of people who believe in the ethics of permaculture:

care of the earth
care of people, and;
reinvestment of surplus for the betterment of both.

We apply the resources of the Credit Union to earth-friendly and socially responsible loans and investments as well as providing educational opportunities to learn more about sustainable practices being developed around the country and the world.

The Permaculture Credit Union was established not to decry the old systems but to create a new approach to financial investment. The PCU, through its members investing with conscience, creates opportunities for individuals and families so they may begin the steps to create more sustainable lifestyles.

If you have a dysfunctional institution, don't try to change it. Rather, determine what that institution was supposed to deliver and design a better system to actually deliver that purpose or service. If you have done the thing correctly, then people will come to you for that. The old institution will eventually wither and die. -- Bill Mollison

The Credit Union nurtures the opportunities for more sustainable living through programs like:

loans for high MPG, electric and alternative fuel vehicles that qualify for “sustainability” discounts
micro-loans to farmers throughout New Mexico via community-oriented partnerships with the Santa Fe Farmer's Market Institute/Santa Fe Farmer’s Market and Permaculture Guild/New Mexico Farmer’s Market Association
Run Your Credit Card Through a Financial Institution with Soul!
a no annual fee VISA credit card program

To learn more about the Credit Union and receive our newsletters and other communications, simply find the “Sign Up for Our E-Newsletter” in the upper right hand corner of any page and provide your email address. http://www.permaculturecu.org/