[Scpg] ACT NOW/Let the County Know that you Oppose One of the Largest Greenhouse Gas Emitting Projects Proposed for Our Region

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Mon Nov 11 16:13:15 PST 2013

Action Alert from the Community Environmental Council (CEC):
(this is important stuff, Southern California is currently being
touted as a "monster oil boom" to investors)
Urgent/ACT NOW
Let the County know that you oppose one of the largest greenhouse
  gas emitting projects proposed for our region

http://www.cecsb.org/santa-maria-energy-project-appeal?utm_source=CEC+Supporters&utm_campaign=b774f3e8eb-Action_Alert_SMEPAppeal_11_8_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d09a19fbeb-b774f3e8eb-215569165

Speak up

We encourage you to attend the meeting in Santa Maria on Tuesday,
November 12 at 1:30 pm. However, if you can't go to Santa Maria, you
can address the Board using the remote video testimony system,
located at 105 East Anapamu Street, Fourth Floor, Santa Barbara.

On Tuesday, November 12, the County Board of Supervisors will
consider our appeal of the Santa Maria Energy Project. CEC has joined
with Los Padres Sierra Club, Get Oil Out and SB County Action Network
to have the Environmental Defense Center file an appeal of the
Planning Commission's approval of the project, as it only required a
29% mitigation of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.

The developers want to use a GHG intensive method called cyclic
steaming to heat and extract oil. This is one of the largest GHG
emitting projects proposed for our region and is precedent setting,
with other similar projects waiting in the wings.

Please contact the Board of Supervisors by Monday, November 11 and
let them know you oppose this project. In the event that the project
is approved, ask them to require Santa Maria Energy to mitigate their
GHGs to zero.

Send an email

We drafted an email for you. However, local officials have told us
they don't like getting form letters. Please customize the letter by
changing the subject and writing why this project should be rejected
or a personal story of why climate change needs to be addressed.

It just takes a few clicks to let the County Board of Supervisors
know that you oppose this project.
<http://cecsb.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6e984b366297ce64347238270&id=03ba14675a&e=718ea270f5>Take
action today

Speak up

We encourage you to attend the meeting in Santa Maria on Tuesday,
November 12 at 1:30 pm. However, if you can't go to Santa Maria, you
can address the Board using the remote video testimony system,
located at 105 East Anapamu Street, Fourth Floor, Santa Barbara.

california oil fields