[Southern California Permaculture] Make a Year End Contribution to Santa Barbara Permaculture Network

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Mon Dec 23 17:16:14 PST 2013

If you are looking for a place for your year-end tax deductible
donations to go,
  Santa Barbara Permaculture Network could use your help!

Emacs!

"Giving is one of the ways we burst out of our individual bubbles.
  It is a profound expression of our hope, our belief in the goodness
of human beings,
  and our expectations for a better world. It is our humanness at its
best."  -from "Robin Hood was Right" book

Although we have done hundreds of events, workshops and classes since
we founded Santa Barbara Permaculture Network, an educational
501(c)(3)) non-profit in 2000, we hardly ever ask for financial assistance.

but recently, fees for venues like the Faulkner Gallery at the Santa
Barbara Central Library and other expenses have almost doubled.

Our strategy has always been to be light on our feet, do lots with
little, using the small admission fees we charge to pay for our events.

Our intention was to complement and augment the work of our local
permaculture guild which we facilitated for many years (South Coast
Permaculture Guild, which was later renamed the Permaculture Guild of
Santa Barbara) with a constant stream of speakers and programs that
brought the broad spectrum of ideas that is permaculture to our
community and region, with teachers known & unknown at the time.

We choose not to rely on grants from foundations that take enormous
amounts of time and energy, while many times dictating the kinds of
programs organizations are allowed to do.  All our staff time is
volunteer, it is our way of contributing and sharing as quickly as
possible the profound message of permaculture, that was so needed
when we first began, and still is today.

We have enjoyed our work in the community immensely, and will
continue to host events such as the Annual Community Seed Swap and
other talks, booktours, and workshops.  We are happy to accept good
positive energy in the form of dollar contributions, large or small,
to help us continue in a more sustainable manner.

Margie Bushman & Wes Roe
Co-founders, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network

it's easy to give!
  We have PayPal on our website, or checks can be sent to:
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
[]

Please join us on January 25 & 26th for the upcoming 6th Santa
Barbara Annual Community Seed Swap Event
This year with a Mesoamerican theme, we start by hosting Lorenz
Schaller with an evening talk:

"Modern Science Meets Ancient Maize"
with Lorenz Schaller of the Kusa Seed Society
Saturday, January 25, 6:30pm-8:30pm $5 donation

followed by the
  Seed Swap on January 26, 11-3pm, FREE
Both events at the Santa Barbara Central Library, Faulkner Gallery
more info at www.sbpermaculture.org

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

PlPlease consider the environment before printing this email.