[Southern California Permaculture] Support Community Resilience and Water Security with an end of the year donation to Sweetwater Collaborative

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 27 13:20:48 PST 2013

Thanks to those of you who have participated in our water harvesting efforts this past year! We appreciate the number of people who have worked with us on a variety of projects to increase sustainability in our community.  We have established a viable model for coming together through hands-on workshops, and put in earthworks, raintanks, raingardens, a greywater system, and a food forest.  We've put ourselves on the line and done all the development of the organization and coordination of projects without funding.

Now we are asking you to help us to the next level, so we can continue to provide our community with the best options to make water harvesting and low impact development (LID) practices spread throughout Santa Barbara County.

Sweetwater needs your financial support to do the community outreach and education needed to build resilience and local water security together.  Please give your tax-deductible donation today.
Click on the Donate button on any page of our website, sweetwatercollaborative.org, to be taken to the Sweetwater Collaborative account on Paypal and donate there.

Our collaborative model brings people together in hands-on workshops that preserve our local resources and unite us in community. We need your continued support as we build and grow to become more resilient and responsible with the use of our natural resources.

Participation in Sweetwater workshops is free, and fees for workshop hosts are kept affordable. We depend on your gifts to help us provide outreach, education, networking, and coordination of green development in the Santa Barbara area.

Sweetwater has the vision, focus and connections to bring diverse people and groups together and coordinate our collective capabilities for the benefit of all. With your generosity, we will bring together the people, organizations, and green enterprises of our community into a coherent network and association. The results will be sweet for us all!

To pave the way for future local progress we need funding for one professional educational networking event in early 2014. This will include our regional partners in San Luis Obispo, as well as bringing local partners together to share what each has to offer as part of the water harvesting/LID community. This would be a major event bringing together all the professionals related to LID and initiating a long term association and network. It would be like a combination between a local trade association and a marketing co-op.

Donations to Sweetwater Collaborative are tax deductible. Please give generously today in one of two easy ways:
1. Click on the Donate button on any page of our website, sweetwatercollaborative.org, to be taken to the Sweetwater Collaborative account on Paypal and donate there.
2. Send a check made out to “Sweetwater Collaborative” to 1626 San Pascual, Santa Barbara, CA 93101.

We automatically provide a receipt for donations over $200 or if you request one from us.

Thanks again for all you are doing to help develop water harvesting and related practices in our area.

The Sweetwater core: Anthony Castelo, Daphne Romani, Renee Roth, Brad Smith, Alex Vincent, and Barbara Wishingrad

Let's celebrate, that along with all our challenges, acts of kindness
in little and big ways are always happening on our shared planet ....