[Southern California Permaculture] Join Us @ Earth Day/Live Green Section/Booth # 538 Live Green Section

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Sat Apr 26 07:19:18 PDT 2014

It's Earth Day!

Join us in Alameda park, where Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
will be in the Live Green Section,  booth #538, and next to the Santa
Barbara Food Alliance at #539.  We are on the East Section, same side
of the park where the Food Court is,  in the middle of the block on
Santa Barbara Street, between Sola & Micheltorena streets.

Back to the Roots!  this years Earth Day theme.  Did you know that
some of the CEC "roots" were right next to the current Earth Day
festival site at Alice Keck Memorial Gardens, in earlier days the El
Mirasol Polyculture Farm.  From 1971 to 1974 an experimental urban
farm operated in the heart of Santa Barbara with things like
beekeeping, chickens, a biodigester, 600 tons of organic matter
composted annually, remarkable!  Ultimately, the SB Museum of Art,
owners of the land, had plans to sell the land, and the farm had to
close.  Stop by our booth and read the rest of the story in
"Agriculture in the City" published by the CEC in 1976 describing
this wonderful project- we were fortunate to have someone find it
recently and share it with us.

Come by and visit, have your lunch, we have a table between the two
booths just for that purpose, we'd love to see you.

And thanks to the CEC for continuing to host this amazing community
event where once a year we can all meet and greet, share time and
projects, see what the rest of our community is up to.

Earth Day Site Map:
<http://www.sbearthday.org/images/stories/production_map_042214.pdf>http://www.sbearthday.org/images/stories/production_map_042214.pdf

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

PlPlease consider the environment before printing this email.