[Southern California Permaculture] Two openings in Sweetwater tank installation workshop tomorrow--sign up today if interested

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Fri May 2 08:08:10 PDT 2014

 It's tank time again for the Sweetwater community!
Our next raintank installation workshop will take place on Saturday May 3, 2014 from 8:30am-1:30pm.
    Do you want to help us put in a rainwater storage tank that will overflow to a raingarden, at a residence atop a hill on the Mesa?
We had a couple of spots open up, so you can sign up today!
Tank to raingarden workshop Sat May 3, 2014 | Sweetwater Collaborative

   Tank to raingarden workshop Sat May 3, 2014 | Sweetwate...
Register Now It's tank time again for the Sweetwater community! Our next raintank installation workshop will take place on Saturday May 3, 2014 from...
View on sweetwatercollaborat... Preview by Yahoo

The 1320 gallon tank will capture runoff from half of the roof of the garage on the property and will be tucked inbetween the garage and a fence, out of the way, just doing its job.

Workshop participants will have the opportunity to install various parts of the system, including the rainhead and first flush, the components that filter the rainwater before it goes into the tank, and the overflow pipes that will direct any water if the tank is full to a mulch basin (raingarden) surrounded by native plants or succulents.  We'll learn about the in's and out's of tank fittings (pun intended) as well as the three important elevations in creating rainwater harvesting basins so the water slows, spreads, and sinks into the soil.

Sign up today--the workshop is tomorrow, Saturday, May 3.

for more info visit Sweetwater Collaborative | Connecting People . Water . Land or email barbara wishingrad at bwishingrad at gmail.com

Let's celebrate, that along with all our challenges, acts of kindness
in little and big ways are always happening on our shared planet ....