[Southern California Permaculture] Plastic Paradise: A Film Screening Tues. May 20 6:30pm Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu May 8 21:42:33 PDT 2014

https://www.facebook.com/events/627424830678237/

Tuesday, May 20 6:30pm Free admission.
Plastic Paradise: A Film Screening –
Every piece of plastic that has ever been created is still somewhere on our planet. So if it never goes away, where does it go?

Fleischmann Auditorium,
Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
2559 Puesta del Sol, Santa Barbara, California 93105
Midway Atoll is one of the most remote places on earth. And yet it has become ground zero for The Great Pacific Garbage Patch, siphoning plastics from three distant continents.

In this independent documentary film, journalist/filmmaker Angela Sun travels on a personal journey of discovery to uncover this mysterious phenomenon. Along the way she meets scientists, researchers, influencers, and volunteers who shed light on the effects of our rabid plastic consumption and learns the problem is more insidious than we could have ever imagined.
Come see this thought-provoking film, brought to you by Community Environmental Council (CEC), in conjunction with Santa Barbara Channelkeeper, Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History and Environmental Defense Center.

Contact  rskinner at sbnature2.org or 805-682-4711 ext. 170

https://www.facebook.com/events/627424830678237/