[Southern California Permaculture] Stanford University’s Announcement that it will Divest from Fossil-fuels

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue May 20 11:26:40 PDT 2014

from the Green America email newsletter:

Dear Green American,

If last week’s climate assessment from the White
House left you feeling overwhelmed, be inspired
by Stanford University’s announcement that it
will divest from fossil-fuels, including polluting, climate-warming coal.

As a Green American, you can use your power as a
consumer and investor to create lasting change in
the world. The students at Stanford University
know it, and we celebrate this huge victory with them.

Join Green America and our long-time allies at
350.org, including thought-leader Bill McKibben,
in divesting your portfolio from the top 200 oil,
coal, and gas companies­and get your colleges and
universities, houses of worship, and more to
divest. Green America provides a number of
resources to help you purge fossil fuels from your investments.

As more and more people and institutions divest
from fossil-fuel companies, we build the
political momentum needed to build a truly clean energy future.

Green America: www.greenamerica.org

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

PlPlease consider the environment before printing this email.