[Southern California Permaculture] Fracking/Protecting Private Property Rights from Oil Exploitation/former Texas Mayor speaks/Fri July 25

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Mon Jul 21 10:34:26 PDT 2014

Protecting Private Property Rights from Oil Exploitation

Calvin Tillman, the former mayor of Dish, Texas will speak on how to
protect your private property rights when they are threatened by
fracking and other intensive oil extraction techniques. Tillman was
featured in the Oscar-nominated documentaries GASLAND
and GASLAND 2.

CalvinTillman.png

Santa Maria Public Library
Shepard Hall
421 S. McClelland, Santa Maria

One block south of Cook Street between Broadway and Miller.
Free public parking lot and nearby transit stop.

Friday, July 25, 2014
Noon 1:30 p.m.
Presentation followed by question and answer session.
Suggested Donation: $5

Tillman had been a supporter of "responsible drilling" when the
industry came to his town where he had built his "dream home."
However, due to the impact of fracking and the significant impact to
the town of Dish, Texas, his children experienced health problems and
his property rights were trampled. As he said, "My dream was taken from me."
oil_warning.png

Presented by Santa Barbara County Action
Network<http://www.sbcan.org?e=d6221fcccf6ce8b384e5b5aa0b941964dfe66eb4&utm_source=sbcan&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=tillman_on_oil&n=2>
For more information, contact:
Ken Hough, 805.563.0463, or <mailto:ken at sbcan.org>ken at sbcan.org
SB CAN Executive Director