[Southern California Permaculture] Integrated Design with Art Ludwig Santa Barbara Tues Sept 30 donation $12

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 20:15:32 PDT 2014

Integrated Design for Drought, Fire, Flood, Climate, and More
Tuesday September 30th 2014
6 - 7:30 pm
Faulkner Gallery, Santa Barbara Public Library

$12 suggested donation
The first lecture in a series of talks and workshops this Fall, which explains integrated designs for super efficient fixtures, rainwater harvesting, water reuse, non-toxic, low carbon, fire-safe construction and more.
Integrating the solutions to these diverse issues is the key to revolutionary improvements the ecology, economy and sustainability of home, landscape and city. Drought resilience is just one of many benefits from considering all the relevant design factors at once.
This presentation will cover—
	* The significance of our place and moment in history
	* What can we do now to make the future better
	* The necessity for systems thinking
	* The water-energy-climate connection
	* How to make an accurate, four dimensional map of your context
	* Santa Barbara's water budget
	* How you can dramatically improve the water budget on your land
	* The smart money is on green infrastructure
	* The role of humans in the ecosystem; taking the edge off flood and drought
	* Rainwater infiltration
	* The impact of transportation choices on the water cycle
	* The peril of stranded water and transportation assets
	* How we’ll deal with fire in the future
Target audience: Everyone (especially policy makers, agency staff, landscape architects, landscapers, architects, students and homeowners).

This talk will be technical but accessible. There will be something here for people at all levels of familiarity with these concepts.
Sponsored by Sweetwater Collaborative

Let's celebrate, that along with all our challenges, acts of kindness
in little and big ways are always happening on our shared planet ....