[Southern California Permaculture] Measure P/Very Informative! SB League of Women Voters Forum & Debate/Youtube

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Sun Nov 2 09:10:26 PST 2014

Public Forum & Debate/Measure P:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjST398yFRY

Are you or your friends still undecided on this very important local
initiative?  Share this very informative debate sponsored by the
League of Women Voters of Santa Barbara.

It features an excellent introduction by Shane Stark about the
initiative process in general and implications of initiatives that
get put into law; he then continues with a discussion about the
history of regulations in place for the oil industry in Santa Barbara
County and what regulations are currently in place.

Followed is a debate with Dave Davis from the Community Environmental
Council (CEC) speaking in favor of Measure P; and Lanny Ebenstein,
economist and former president of the Santa Barbara County Taxpayers
Association, against Measure P.

Wow, the Santa Barbara League of Women Voters does an exceptional job
educating our community on important issues with public forums; I
really wasn't aware of them until a friend invited me to attend two
others on water & agriculture earlier this year, both
excellent.  Please go to their website to learn more, sign up for
updates on future forums, and possibly support!  We can't be a
democracy if we aren't intelligently informed, so happy we have this
dedicated group of citizens in our community.

League of Women Voters of Santa Barbara:
http://www.lwvsantabarbara.org/

We Are the League of Women Voters:
The Success of Democracy doesn't depend on a few persons who do great
things, but on many persons who do small things faithfully...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=undHUR0ckQs

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190