[Southern California Permaculture] Starhawk’s Autumn/Winter 2014 Schedule

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Nov 13 04:48:25 PST 2014

Starhawk’s Autumn/Winter 2014 Schedule
 Briefly:

Nov. 18:  S. F. Global Summit: Women, Power, Money and Politics
 Dec. 4: Silver Lake, CA Consensus, Collaboration, and Conflict Resolution

Dec. 6. Pasadena Workshap TBA still getting organized, check back on the schedule page at starhawk.org/
 Dec. 7: L.A,, CA Climate Justice, Visionary Action Workshop & Winter Ritual
 Dec. 19: Sebastopol Winter Solstice Ritual

Nov. 14-15: Titusville, NJ U.U. Church  uucwc.org/samstone2014
 Nov. 16: New York City, Making Rituals that Matter  SOLD OUT!
 Nov. 18:  S. F. Global Summit: Women, Power, Money and Politics
 Dec. 4: Silver Lake, CA Consensus, Collaboration, and Conflict Resolution

Dec. 6. Pasadena Workshap TBA still getting organized, check back on the schedule page at starhawk.org/
 Dec. 7: L.A,, CA Climate Justice, Visionary Action Workshop & Winter Ritual
 Dec. 19: Sebastopol Winter Solstice Ritual
 And a look into the future…….

Upcoming Earth Activist Trainings!

Earth Activist Training offers a two-week permaculture design certificate course with a focus on organizing and activism, and a grounding in earth based spirituality.

Upcoming dates for 2015:

January 5 - 19, 2014  Cazadero, Northern CA taught by Starhawk, Charles Williams and Pandora Thomas, with special guest Erik Ohlsen

Feb. 21 – March 6: Belize Mountain Maya Farm

A special permaculture course cotaught by Starhawk, Christopher Nesbitt, Alfred Bates and Marisha Auerbach

May 1 – 17 Shawnigan Lake on Vancouver Island, BC at OUR Ecovillage

Taught by Starhawk and Charles Williams

May 31 – June 14 Rowe, MA at the Rowe Camp and Conference Center

Taught by Starhawk and Charles Williams

Exact Dates TBA August 2015  Spain

Taught by Starhawk and Alfred Decker

More Detailed Information:
 Nov. 14-15: Titusville, NJ U.U. Church  uucwc.org/samstone2014

EARTH, NATURE and SPIRIT  2 day event
Evening talk and Booksigning

Morning workshop:
Taking Root: Grounding Spirit In the Earth.  Birth, growth, death and regeneration, the basic cycles of life, are reflected in the myths and stories of the Goddess and the ancient teachings of earth-based spirituality.  To grow spiritually, to heal the emotional and physical wounds of a culture out of balance, and to regenerate our communities in physical and metaphysical ways, we must take root: establish a deep connection with place, with our ancestors and our personal histories.  In this workshop, we let the earth s amazing and miraculous story awaken a deepened awareness and a fresh understanding of our personal stories and healing work.  Strong and rooted, we can stand our ground and take the actions so desperately needed to restore a larger balance.
 samstone at uucwc.org
 Nov. 16:  Brooklyn, NY
Making Rituals That Matter
Afternoon workshop and ritual at Catland Books 2-6 pm
 How do we bring magic and myth into the actions that address the crisis of our time?  How do we take our spiritual work out into the world in embodied, compassionate, and active ways?   How do we create rituals that can bridge barriers, inspire and support social change, and help us heal and renew our hope when things get tough?
 When we face the pain of our own traumas and take responsibility for our healing, we learn powerful lessons that can help us become better healers of our world.
 In this workshop, we’ll explore the tools of ritual:  our bodies, our voices, movement, trance, drum-trance and story-weaving to deepen our craft.  We’ll learn how to listen deeply to the needs in our homes, workplaces and communities, how to craft intentions that lead to powerful magic, and how to create inclusive, empowering ritual language.  Out of our collective wisdom, we’ll weave a ritual that leads to justice and liberation.
 Advance tickets SOLD OUT; At door: $35 There may be room, come early to check!
http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/900489
 catland.books at gmail.com for directions
jodiselene at gmail.com for details and work exchange opportunity

November 18 San Francisco
Global Summit: Women, Power, Money and Politics
www.theglobalsummit.org
 Dec. 4: Silver Lake

FREE Silver Lake Consensus, Collaboration & and Conflict Resolution Workshop

It happens all the time—a group of  well-intentioned neighbors come together, fired up with passion to create change.  We come together and begin with huge inspiration and enthusiasm—and then, with time passing, become trapped in the mire of conflict. How do we work with those ‘irritating’, ‘self-righteous’, ‘controlling’, ‘fluff-brained’, ‘clueless' folks who are - in reality - our dear friends, neighbors and allies?
We can do better.

All are invited to attend – friends, neighbors, colleagues, Neighborhood Council volunteers from across LA, Neighborhood Watch Groups, City Agencies, non-profits, theatre groups, art collectives, PTOs, PTAs, Business Associations, and more – all will find valuable skills for moving their own groups and neighborhoods forward.

6:30-8:30PM THURS DEC 4, 2014
HOLY VIRGIN MARY RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CATHEDRAL
650 MICHELTORENA ST
LOS ANGELES, CA 90026

BIKE PARKING & PARKING AVAILABLE, CARPOOLS ENCOURAGED
Hosted by Amy Clarke & Charles Herman-Wurmfeld*    scorpfaery at gmail.com
*Not an official Silver Lake Neighborhood Council event
 Dec. 6. Pasadena Workshap TBA still getting organized, check back on the schedule page at starhawk.org/
Dec. 7: Los Angeles

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Fais Do Do Ballroom

"Climate Justice ~ Visionary Action" Workshop
Winter's Dream Spiral Dance
12:00-12:30pm – Doors open, Music by Gaia Grove
12:30-3:30pm – “Climate Justice ~ Climate Action” Workshop
3:30-4:30pm – Delicious Organic Vegetarian meal
4:30-5:00pm – Doors open for Spiral Dance
5:00-7:00pm – Winter’s Dream Spiral Dance
7:00-8:00pm – Post-ritual socializing

Fais Do Do Ballroom
5253/5257 W Adams Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90016
www.faisdodo.com
*Carpooling and biking encouraged!

COST
Workshop + Ritual + Meal :: $60 in Advance by Saturday, Dec. 6 | $75 Door
Workshop + Ritual [No Meal] :: $50 in Advance by Saturday, Dec. 6 | $65 Door
Workshop + Meal :: $45 in Advance by Saturday, Dec. 6 | $60 Door
Workshop Only [No Meal] :: $35 in advance by Saturday, Dec. 6 | $50 Door
Ritual + Meal:: $30 in Advance by Saturday, Dec. 6 | $45 at the Door
Ritual Only [No Meal] :: $20 in advance by Saturday, Dec. 6 | $25 Door
Delicious Vegetarian Organic Meal :: $10

TICKETS
http://starhawkLA2014.eventbrite.com/
WHAT

Climate Justice ~ Visionary Action Workshop

In the midst of ecological and social meltdowns, how do we stay grounded and hopeful? Today’s threats are also powerful opportunities to create a new world rooted in community and ecological balance. What’s needed? Courage, vision, and support to imagine a different way... In this workshop, we’ll learn personal tools to manage stress and prevent burnout as we nourish our creativity. We’ll also learn strategies for setting goals and priorities, and practice the interpersonal skills that build resilient communities. Join us to recharge and renew as we come together to heal our world!

Winter's Dream Ritual and Spiral Dance

After the climate workshop and a delicious organic meal with our community, we will anticipate the longest night of the year with a Winter’s Dream RITUAL & SPIRAL DANCE led by Starhawk and Reclaiming LA. Join us in sacred space as we dance the spiral, celebrate community, and rebirth our selves and our world. [In support of those in recovery, this ritual is drug and alcohol free.]

Reclaiming LA is a community of women and men in the greater Los Angeles area who celebrate earth-based spirituality in support of justice in all its forms – environmental, social, political, racial, gender, and economic. http://reclaimingla.org/

PARTNERS: Gaia Grove, Cross Pollinate, and others!
More Information
http://starhawkLA2014.eventbrite.com/
www.reclaimingla.org
info at reclaimingla.org

Dec. 19: Sebastopol Winter Solstice Ritual

Winter Solstice Ritual, Friday, December 19th at the Sebastopol Grange Hall. Doors open at 7:30pm ritual begins at 8:00pm. Cost is a sliding scale of $10 to $50, no one turned away for lack of funds.
Join us in Sebastopol as we celebrate the 27th Annual Winter Solstice ritual. On this longest night of the year we work to break the illusions that keep us trapped. As we sing back the sun we hope to shed light on those dark places and remember that real beauty is in the world. Winter Solstice is a time to look at how you honor the darkness and make space for the light. In breaking the mirror of illusion we hope to shed the light of beauty, not just for ourselves, but for the greater world around us. We gather in community to explore these thoughts and work to bring clarity into the future.
Sebastopol Grange Hall, 6000 Highway 12, just outside of downtown Sebastopol.
Info: phoenix_lefae at comcast.net

Upcoming Earth Activist Trainings:

January 5 - 19, 2014  Cazadero, Northern CA taught by Starhawk, Charles Williams and Pandora Thomas, with special guest Erik Ohlsen

Feb. 21 – March 5: Belize,  Mountain Maya Farm

A special permaculture course cotaught by Starhawk, Christopher Nesbitt, Alfred Bates and Marisha Auerbach

May 1 – 17 Shawnigan Lake on Vancouver Island, BC at OUR Ecovillage

Taught by Starhawk and Charles Williams

May 31 – June 14 Rowe, MA at the Rowe Camp and Conference Center

Taught by Starhawk and Charles Williams

       Learn how to heal soil and cleanse water, how to design human systems that mimic natural systems, using a minimum of energy and resources and creating real abundance and social justice.  Explore the strategies and organizing tools we need to make our visions real, and the daily practice, magic and rituals that can sustain our spirits. Participatory, hands-on teaching with lots of ritual, games, projects, songs, and laughs along with an intensive curriculum in ecological design.

Cost: $1650- $1950 sliding scale, includes food and lodging. Some work-trade available, and a limited number of Diversity Scholarships for people of color working in environmental and food justice.

Early Bird Special for our January course:  Sign up by October 31 and take $100 off!

For more information: http://www.earthactivisttraining.org/index.html

Contact EAT at: <earthactivisttraining at gmail.com> or phone 1-800-381-7941

Special Social Permaculture Intensive:

Nurturing Effective and Creative Groups

April 8-12  Cazadero, Northern CA

Facilitators Training: April 13-17

Taught by Starhawk and Charles Williams

            An Earth Activist Training course.

            When we come together to co-create, to empower one another or to challenge the structures of unjust power, we face unique challenges. All groups struggle with issues of power, conflicts, and the need to make decisions. Collaborative groups may be healing, nurturing, and inspirational—or they may founder on the rocks of conflict and poor communication.

            In this five-day intensive, we'll explore how to structure our groups for maximum group health, how to share power fairly, improve our communication skills, mediate conflicts and facilitate group processes. And we'll share tools for decision making and constructive critique. Starhawk's latest book, The Empowerment Manual: A Guide for Collaborative Groups, will be our foundation.

            We'll balance the process work with time outdoors in nature, including hands-on work on the land, as well as walks, bird sits and wilderness awareness. Insights from both permaculture and magic will help us learn to be more effective and joyful as we work together to regenerate our world.

Cost: sliding scale $650-$850: early bird special:

Sign up by December 15 and take $100 off!

Some work trade available.

For more information: earthactivisttraining at gmail.com

Facilitator’s Training: April 13-17

Want to expand and deepen your skills at facilitating groups, mediating conflicts, taking leadership in leaderless groups and exploring the realm of social permaculture?  This five-day training is a kick-off for a year-long facilitators’ training program, led by Starhawk and Charles Williams and based on the material in the Empowerment Manual and more.  Nurturing Effective and Creative Groups, listed above, or equivalent experience, is a prerequisite.  For more information and to apply, email earthactivisttraining at gmail.com.

This post has been sent to you from Starhawk at lists.riseup.net.  This is an announce-only listserve that allows Starhawk to post her writings occasionally to those who wish to receive them.