[Southern California Permaculture] Tues Nov. 18th 4pm "Balancing on a Planet: Can local food improve health, increase equity, and slow global warming?" Prof. David Cleveland

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Nov 17 06:34:47 PST 2014

The UCSB Library has invited Professor David Cleveland (Environmental Studies) to speak at the Library as the inaugural speaker in our new speaker series. David's presentation is titled  "Balancing on a Planet: Can local food improve health, increase equity, and slow global warming?"  He will address why diet change for food and climate justice needs to be an explicit goal of localization.

The talk, which will be followed by a reception with samples of local food, will be at 4pm on Tuesday, November 18th in the Library's stunning Pacific View Room.

For more information, please visit  http://www.library.ucsb.edu/events-exhibitions/events/pacific-views-library-speaker-series

I have attached a pdf of the flyer announcing the event.  If you have a place to post it I hope you will help spread the word about this event.

Events and Exhibitions Librarian

University Library

University of California

Santa Barbara, CA 93106-9010