[Southern California Permaculture] Palms Up! Front Yard Transformation --Sweetwater water harvesting and tree planting workshop

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 09:08:57 PST 2015

Palms Up! Front Yard Transformation --Sweetwater water harvesting and tree planting workshop, Saturday, February 21, 2015 from 8:30 am - 1:30 pm.
Help turn a front yard rich with palms into a drought tolerant paradise with a tropical look.  Register now. This workshop will start the process by creating the swales and basins to capture rainwater from the roof, as well as planting some fruit and shade trees, in basins, that will also muffle noise from a nearby intersection.  The homeowners sheet mulched their front yard a year ago and the soil is spongy to the touch now. The yard has a number of palm trees that will form the backdrop for the drought tolerant plants to go in.The majority of rough grading of the basins will be done before the workshop.  This will allow us to focus on creating basins with the correct slope and size, and doing the planting.  We'll be playing with the bunyip (water level), mulch, and soil. This workshop will be a great learning experience in digging techniques and conditions as well as  how to create raingardens and water harvesting basins.   Join us on Saturday, February 21 from 8:30am-1:30pm.  Sign up here. or go to sweetwatercollaborative.orgmore info: barbara at bwishingrad at gmail.com
Let's celebrate, that along with all our challenges, acts of kindnessin little and big ways are always happening on our shared planet ....