[Southern California Permaculture] ReSCOPE - Help Schools in Africa Create Food Forests

John Calvert jcalvert at crystal3.com
Fri Mar 13 16:09:15 PDT 2015

[ please forward widely ]

Help Create Food Forests at Schools in Africa

/Help sow the seeds for the future we want – support the greening of schools through food forests which are developed in a holistic and participatory way by all the relevant stakeholders./

The *ReSCOPE Programme* is facilitating the creation of climate-smart schools in Malawi, Zambia, Kenya, Zimbabwe, and Uganda.  These projects demonstrate to their communities that abundance and resilience can easily be achieved through creative use of local resources.

We have developed and implemented the Integrated Land Use Design (ILUD) as a tool for school communities to re-design their school environments to better serve their needs with exciting results. We have so far worked with more than 200 schools in 5 countries. In 2009 we hosted the 9th International Permaculture Convergence (IPC9) for the first time in Africa in Malawi.

/Learners, parents and teachers come together to develop a landscape that meets their needs at Butale primary school, Masaka, Uganda/

*
What is Calling Us Now ...*

  * Establish more pilot demonstration sites at schools in Zambia, Kenya and Uganda
  * Reach out to more local organisations in Zimbabwe, Malawi, Zambia, Kenya and Uganda
  * Reach out to the Ministries of Education, Agriculture, Health and Environment in Kenya, Uganda and Zambia
  * Scale up to clusters of schools in Malawi and to pilot the implementation of ILUD at the district level in Zimbabwe
  * Reach out to interested parties in Tanzania, South Africa, Angola, Gambia, Ghana, etc.

*Your Help is Greatly Appreciated!*

DONATE HERE: http://seedingschools.org/support-our-work

Please visit our website here: http://seedingschools.org

/Thank you,/

Mugove Walter Nyika, Regional Facilitator - East and Southern Africa
The ReSCOPE Programme
Lusaka, Zambia and Lilongwe, Malawi

Email: rescope at seedingschools.org
Website: http://seedingschools.org
Skype:  Mugove.habitats
Facebook: https://facebook.com/rescope.programme

*Learning to live with abundance and resilience*