[Southern California Permaculture] Unique opportunity to learn about using stormwater run-on as a resource

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 25 13:43:15 PDT 2015

 Sweetwater Collaborative's got a great workshop to end March with gusto!
 Dig a Delightful Dry Creekbed this Saturday March 28  A great way to learn a unique rainwater harvesting opportunity--in community.  The path of stormwater running onto our hosts' driveway has been diverted into a pipe that opens into the head of the planned creekbed. The next step is to make the water flowing when it rains into a resource to hydrate the landscape, build soil, water trees, and provide a place of beauty and repose. We are SO EXCITED to offer this opportunity to our community. We have been looking for a residential site where we could put in a dry creek bed since even before Sweetwater was founded. AND in this case, there's a valuable lesson about using run-on as a resource that we can explore too.We have opened this workshop up to a greater number of participants so that the work can be done by many hands all along the path of the creekbed and nobody will be pushed too hard.  WE HAVE SOME SPOTS LEFT FOR THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN ABOUT THE POTENTIAL FOR USING STORMWATER RUN-ON AS A RESOURCE and creating beauty at the same time. Register Nowfor more info, barbara wishingrad at info at sweetwatercollaborative.org
Everything ChangesEverything is ConnectedPay Attention