[Southern California Permaculture] SUN May 3/CELEBRATE International Permaculture Day/4:30-6pm/downtown Santa Barbara @ Brasil Arts Cafe

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Fri May 1 07:24:22 PDT 2015

Sunday, May 3rd International Permaculture Day - 4:30 - 6pm
Celebrating in downtown Santa Barbara at the Brasil Arts Cafe
Emacs!

International Permaculture Day is coming up, did you know?

It's last minute, but to celebrate we have decided to host an
impromptu permaculture eco-film night at one of our favorite downtown
restaurants, Brasil Arts Cafe!

To have fun and go back to the roots, we will show parts of the great
Global Gardener BBC film, highlighting permaculture around the world
in all it's climates & cultures.

A chance to hang out, we will break between segments of the films to
talk, and hear about peoples current work and projects.

Bring your brochures, display materials, even design work!  so much
innovative permaculture is happening around the world it makes your
head spin, and some fantastic stuff happening here locally too.

We were just at the two day Santa Barbara Earth Day celebration, and
a new wave of interested permaculture people visited our Santa
Barbara Permaculture Network booth.  Many from the recent Lucidity
Festival where an intro to Permaculture course was taught, such
enthusiasm from that one 3 day course!

Some had attended the Polish Ambassador band's community work day
where Larry Saltzman and others hosted a stellar work project at
Alpha School.  Recent grads from both Santa Barbara City College &
Quail Springs Permaculture Design courses visited, expressing so much
gratitude for this thing called Permaculture, that gave them a
different way of viewing the future.

Sweetwater Collaborative was next to us with their Earth Day booth,
the water design part pulling in mainstream residents new to
ecological design, but hungry for solutions, so open to new ways of
thinking about water, soil and all our resources, with the realities
of a drought.

We have been involved with planning for the next International
Permaculture Conference & Convergence in UK/London , and will happily
share information about that, for we are indeed, all one big global
family, Permaculture from it's beginning days a global effort and
movement.  (https://www.ipcuk.events/)

Brasil Arts Cafe has offered their Capoeira & Dance studio hall for
the evening, so we encourage all to come ahead of time and buy
something to eat preceding the event in their restaurant--- there are
lots of choices, snacks, smoothies, acai bowls, sandwiches, dinner
entrees.  This is a "stacking functions" strategy in the social
arena, support local small business while they learn more about all
of  us and Permaculture.  we thank them for their generosity.

Brasil Arts Cafe
http://brasilartscafe.com/location/
1230 State Street, Santa Barbara CA 93101
(near Granada Theater, between Victoria & Anapamu streets, Granada
Parking lot nearby)

Please join us!  we look forward to seeing you -
Margie Bushman & Wes Roe

***Speaking of gratitude, Bill Mollison's grandson Stuart was
recently in California and briefly stopped in Santa Barbara, he
shared his love of his grandfather with us.  We are in touch with
Stuart, and through him will send a group note of thanks for walking
round the world in his flip flops, making sure permaculture didn't
just stay in a book, but got out to the far corners of the globe.  We
honor all the PC teachers, but since he was ours, and has now
traveled in time to his eighties, devoted his life to Permaculture,
we take this moment to say a huge thank you.  Bring your sentiments &
thoughts to share with him too if you'd like.

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org