[Southern California Permaculture] Fw: [sbperm] Sweet Water-Wise Walking Tours-- Santa Barbara Westside May 30; Samarkand June 6.

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Wed May 13 11:07:45 PDT 2015

Join Sweetwater Collaborative in two Santa Barbara neighborhood walking tours highlighting water-wise projects at a variety of residential sites!

We will be touring six sites on the Westside on Saturday, May 30 from 3:00-6:00pm. Water-wise features include rain gardens, a 1350 gal. rain tank, laundry greywater systems, sheet mulching, soil building, a funnel drain rain catchment, and the beginnings of a food forest. We'll also see vegetable gardens, native gardens, chickens, rooftop solar systems, and lots of fruit trees.  At our final stop on the tour, we'll also enjoy a wine and cheese and see a demonstration of a solar water still. We'll tour four sites in the Samarkand neighborhood on Saturday, June 6 from 3:00-6:00pm. Features to be highlighted include two slimline raintanks, laundry greywater systems, a butterfly garden, dry farmed and wisely watered backyard orchards, and downspout diversion into native gardens and edible landscapes.  We'll also see vegetable gardens, chickens, rooftop solar systems, and lots of fruit trees. At our final stop on the tour, we'll enjoy a wine and cheese and see a demonstration of a solar water still.  Tickets can be purchased for one or both tours in advance:One Tour:                         Both Tours:Individual        - $15           Individual          - $25Couple             - $25           Couple               - $40Student/Youth - $10           Student/Youth   - $15Groups of 3 or more--$10 eachClick on the "Donate" button on the left sidebar on any page of our website to pay by Paypal, or send a check to:  Sweetwater Collaborative, 1733 Calle Cerro, Santa Barbara, CA, 93101.Please include your name(s) and an email address when mailing a check. You will receive an email confirmation of your payment and some additional information about the tour(s) you have chosen..$2 per person per event will be added to tickets purchased on the date of the tours. Westside tour starts promptly at 3:00 at 1626 San Pascual, between Valerio and Arrellaga. Please arrive at least ten minutes early to check in. Tour will end on Gillespie near Valerio so if you drive, a good place to park is on Valerio in between the two sites.
Looking forward to sharing our good work with the community! See you there!