[Southern California Permaculture] TONIGHT!/Award Winning Documentary REBELS WITH A CAUSE/time to be inspired-time to act is NOW

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu May 28 07:17:55 PDT 2015

Emacs!

In light of the recent oil spill, we think this film event has
special meaning...

The film shares the extraordinary story of citizen activists in
Northern California who initiated a movement that saved the lands
north of San Francisco that were scheduled for massive development---
instead we got things like the Pt Reyes National Seashore & the Marin
Agriculture Land Trust!

We want to honor all the organizations who helped preserve our own
precious landscape through the decades...not just as open space, but
as a functioning ecosystem we all rely on for life itself.

Joining us to table will be many preservation & conservation groups,
including Urban Creeks Council, Gaviota Coast Conservancy, Naples
Coalition, Environmental Defense Center, Blue Sky Sustainable Living
Center, SB Water Guardians, Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, Paul Relis,
founding executive director of the CEC with his new book Out of the
Wasteland, and others...

Hope you can join us!

Film Trailer: http://rebelsdocumentary.org/trailer/

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network invites community members,
leaders, educators, students, and all who care about land
preservation to attend and join the discussion about preservation of
not only open space, but also agricultural lands in trust, urban
community landtrusts, and how future generations can participate in
preserving our own beautiful and unique landscape.

The free event takes place on Thursday, May 28, 6:30-8:30pm, at the
downtown Santa Barbara Central Library, Faulkner Gallery,40 E.
Anapamu St, 93101. No reservations are required.  More info:
www.sbpermaculture.org,
<mailto:margie at sbpermaculture.org>margie at sbpermaculture.org, 805-962-2571.

Hosted by: Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
www.sbpermaculture.org

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190