[Southern California Permaculture] Permaculture Design Course SBCC – Summer 2015 Monday -Thursday June 29th – July 30th, 2015 (5 weeks) 5:30pm – 8:15pm/Santa Barbara

Wesley Roe and Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Jun 4 20:23:46 PDT 2015

Permaculture Design Course
SBCC – Summer 2015

Monday through Thursday
June 29th – July 30th, 2015 (5 weeks)
5:30pm – 8:15pm

Course Number:  EH109 (CRN 80763)
Instructors: Mike Gonella  &  Daniel Parra Hensel
Affordable! (~$250 with SBCC Fees)

Permaculture is a design system that enables humans to interact in a positive and regenerative way with our surroundings, as we consciously create lifeways that focus on emulating natural patterns such as diversity, connectivity, resilience, flow, and cycling.

Everyone can apply permaculture techniques fruitfully to their lives... including: students, architects, massage therapists, homeowners, environmental/social activists, medical professionals, teachers, musicians, retired people, gardeners, dancers, and more!

The Permaculture Design Course (PDC) offered at Santa Barbara City College (SBCC) has been a part of the SBCC Environmental Horticulture program for 7 years. We welcome students from the surrounding communities to sign up, engage, and contribute to the presence of permaculture on the SBCC campus.

Topics of this course will include: the philosophy and ethics of permaculture, concepts and methods of design, pattern understanding, ecological functions of soils and plants, re-localizing food production, water harvesting systems, animal systems, natural building, renewable energy, and building community connections (among others).

* This is not a stand-alone certificate-based (PDC) course, though an option for an additional 2-day (paid) intensive course at Quail Springs Permaculture Site will allow you to earn your Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC)

Questions?  Contact Mike Gonella:  Gonella at sbcc.edu, 805-965-0581 x3042