[Southern California Permaculture] Fox and lizard Rain Garden Workshop Saturday June 13

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 22:44:07 PDT 2015

FOX AND LIZARD RAIN GARDEN WORKSHOP --Sweetwater Collaborative
This is the first of four workshops on Via Zorro (in English-- that means "Fox Way") that will transform both front yards of a duplex, where many lizards live. Rainwater will be redirected from three downspouts into the series of mulch basins that will make up this rain garden, with a total of close to 2000 square feet of roof contributing to the effort. The design includes a patio near the front of the residence with a charming space to sit and look out on and past the garden.
Trees will frame the experience with lower, flowering, water wise plants filling in the rest.  Habitat for lizards will be enhanced by the combination of hills and dales in the rain garden. The workshop on June 13 will focus on earth shaping. Planting will be done in the fall before the rainy season to ensure good establishment of the plants.
As part of the workshop, we'll dig out a route for the rainwater to travel underneath a flagstone path, and cut a concrete drainage swale to redirect water from a downspout that spills into that swale.  So we'll be hands-on working with hardscape as well as playing in the dirt.
Join us on Saturday, June 13 from 8:30am-1:30pm for a chance to interact with the Fox and lizard and learn something about water harvesting at the same time. Fox and Lizard Rain Garden Workshop, Saturday, June 13 | Sweetwater Collaborative
|   |
| Fox and Lizard Rain Garden Workshop, Saturday, June 13 | Sweetwater Collaborative  This is the first of four workshops on Via Zorro (in English-- that means "Fox Way") that will transform both front yards of a duplex, where many lizards live. Sign up now. Rainwater will be redirected from three downspouts into the series of mulch basins that will make up this ... |
|  |
| View on sweetwatercollaborative.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Everything ChangesEverything is ConnectedPay Attention