[Southern California Permaculture] Mon Jun 22/Goleta Old Town Water Symposium & Eyes on the Sky Film Showing/6-8:30pm

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue Jun 16 11:07:03 PDT 2015

One more chance to see Eyes on the Sky ...

Goleta Old Town Water Symposium
Agua de Vida: Water, California's Most Valuable Resource

Monday, June 22nd ~ 6:00-8:30 p.m.
Community Forum on Water
Featuring Eyes on the Sky Documentary Film
Goleta Valley Community Center Auditorium

Join the town hall meeting about our community's
short term and long term water security.

The event will begin with the screening of the
documentary Eyes on the Sky, a 50-minute look at
the present and the future of fresh water in our
western cities and farmland. Water is integral to
every aspect of life, and the wests complicated
relationship to it is the films focus. Local
filmmaker Steve Nicolaides will introduce the
film and lead the panel discussion afterward.

The ongoing drought in our state (and in the west
in general) may be an extended drought. But it
might be  the new-normal. The Old Town Water
Symposium will examine this issue in depth.

Confirmed panelists:

John Mcinnis, Gen. Mgr., Goleta Water District
Rosemarie Gaglione, Public Works Mgr., City of Goleta
Kamil Azoury, Gen. Mgr., Goleta Sanitary District
They will discuss the primary topics of aquifer
levels, what happens if our reservoirs fail,
water conservation tips for homeowners and
farmers, sharing what’s left, and urgent efforts to conserve.

Questions & Answers will follow the panel discussion.

Literature will be available about water-saving
tactics that individuals and groups can begin implementing.

The drought presents a very serious threat to the
immediate future of our beautiful community.

Please join us. We are all in this together.

more info:
Old Town Goleta facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-Town-Goleta/438562586189229

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo