[Southern California Permaculture] Jul 20-31/Ojai Fdn Retreat/Restoring Wholeness with Permaculture- Natural Building - & the Way of Council

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue Jul 7 21:26:44 PDT 2015

We have a special place in our hearts for the Ojai Foundation land,
as it is where we took our PDC with Bill Mollison in 1997 that
launched so much for us.  We remember how centered we felt when
staying for an extended time on this very special land. We are so
happy to see Permaculture live on through Leif Skogberg & others,
what a special retreat! please share - Margie & Wes

image.png

Restoring Wholeness with Permaculture, Natural Building, & the Way of Council

12 days of Land Rest & Repair at the Ojai Foundation, in the
beautiful Upper Ojai Valley
Mon July 20 - Fri July 31, 2015, 9am - 4pm daily.

with Leif Skogberg and Brooke Kettering, alongside local guest
teachers including The Ojai Foundation Elder, Lola Rae Long

Rejuvenate and restore in the wonder and mystique of the beautiful
Upper Ojai Valley at The Ojai Foundation Land Sanctuary during a
special 12 days of Land rest and repair!

Discover new aspects of yourself by stepping out of your comfort zone
into the mirror of community living, practicing ancient circle
dialogue, the Way of Council, and the Beauty Way, as well as fun and
meditative, mindful service tasks and physical labor projects.

Touch the beauty and inspiration of simple off-grid living while
immersed in a semi-wilderness camp retreat setting and align with the
rhythms of nature.

Engage in wholesome work and awaken the inherent wisdom of the body,
mind, spirit and soul with the assistance and support of a powerful
transformational center held in stewardship by experienced
facilitators, elders and guides.

Participants will learn practical ways to apply the ethics and
principles of Permaculture Design into life and work. Explore the
basics of ancient natural building techniques like cob, cordwood and
earth plaster, and others, as well as various edible and
environmental landscaping and organic gardening practices.

Course content will focus on hand-on learning by doing in the areas
of natural building materials selection and construction techniques.
Also included will be drought proofing landscaping with graywater,
rainwater harvesting earthworks, appropriate plant design, water
efficiency, deep watering and how to build soil by increasing organic
matter with plants, manures and composts.

Topics and activities included:
    * Daily group garden and building project work
    * Applied Permaculture and ecological design
    * Integral sustainability and holistic stewardship
    * History & Wheel of Life teachings with our beloved elder, Lola
    * Beauty Way, community ceremonies, and Living Council
    * Morning meditation practices, including yoga & tai chi
    * Regular team attunements and personal check-ins
    * Potlucks, hikes and social evening gatherings

Guests stay in personal tents, or onsite yurts and domes, and provide
their own food and bedding.

Fee is $295 for 12 days' tenting accommodation & all activities

For yurt/dome accommodation, call to reserve. Cost of retreat with a
dome/yurt hermitage will be $495.

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190