[Southern California Permaculture] Fox and Lizard Rain Garden Workshop, Sat July 18

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 15 14:21:29 PDT 2015

Sweetwater Collaborative invites you to our

Fox and Lizard Rain Garden Workshop #2, Saturday, July 18, 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
Free of charge to participants. Snacks, drinks, and tools will be provided.
This is the second of four workshops on Via Zorro (in English-- that means "Fox Way") that will transform both front yards of a duplex, where many lizards live. We're turning two typical lawns into a luscious, colorful landscape that will bring birds, bees, and butterflies into play.  We created water harvesting basins in the first yard in June; then it was sheet mulched. We're ready to do the same for side B of the duplex.  To join us, sign up here.  The B side is the larger yard, with more of a hill as it slopes to the street. The property is located at the end of a cul-de-sac. We'll continue to create lizard habitat as well as places to slow, spread, and sink rainwater diverted from the roof. We'll put in fewer mulch basins during this workshop, as we will be receiving water from a smaller section of roof. Once the plants are added, the birds, bees, and butterflies will begin to show up. Both front yards of the duplex will be planted in the fall right before the rainy season.
This will be a learning through doing workshop, with additional educational points reviewed during the break and lunch. If you want to learn more about rainwater harvesting in the soil or Permaculture before Saturday, please seehttp://sweetwatercollaborative.org/basic-page/what-rainwater-harvesting http://www.harvestingrainwater.com/rainwater-harvesting-inforesources/water-harvesting-calculations/ and
http://www.harvestingrainwater.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Permaculture-Ethics-and-Design-Principles.pdf for more information, contact barbara wishingrad at bwishingrad at gmail.com or 805-403-4566 or visit sweetwatercollaborative.org
Everything ChangesEverything is ConnectedPay Attention