[Southern California Permaculture] Wed Jan 20/FINDING MORE WATER/LWVJanuary Community Forum/Noon - 2pm

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Mon Jan 11 12:06:34 PST 2016

these LWV monthly Forums are excellent!

League of Women Voters
Public Forum

FINDING MORE WATER
<http://www.lwvsantabarbara.org>http://www.lwvsantabarbara.org

January Community Forum:Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2016 noon to 2 p.m.
Louise Lowry Davis Center, 1232 De la Vina Street

Changing weather patterns, climate change, and
drought have forced us to face the need for sustainable water supplies.

What are the various resources available to the
City of Santa Barbara, Montecito, and other water
districts in our Central Coast Region? What is
the current state of those resources? Will there
be regional solutions? What sources of water could we utilize in the future?

January Community Forum

Finding More Water

Changing weather patterns, climate change, and
drought have forced us to face the need for sus- tainable water supplies.

What are the various resources available to the
City of Santa Barbara, Montecito, and other water
districts in our Central Coast Region? What is
the current state of those resources? Will there
be regional solutions? What sources of water could we utilize in the future?

The City of Santa Barbara Water Resources Depart-
ment representative, Kelly Dyer, will be address-

ing desalinization and the City of Santa
Barbara’s water resources and current supplies.
Tom Evans, Engineer with the Montecito Water
District will be addressing the regional aspect
of water resourc- es. Potable reuse will be
presented by James O. Hawkins, a Policy Analyst
from Heal the Ocean. Managing ground water will
be presented by Ryan C. Drake, the Water Supply
and Conserva- tion Manager for the Goleta Water
District. Please bring your questions and lunches.

Lindsey Baker, Co-President

Community Forums are held the third Wednesday of
the month at the Louise Lowry Davis Center, 1232
De la Vina Street, from noon to 2 p.m. They are
always free and open to the public. You are
encouraged to bring a brown bag lunch and your
friends. Parking behind the Center is free during the forums.

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
http://www.sbpermaculture.org

--
** REPLIES GO TO THE AUTHOR ONLY - TO REPLY TO
GROUP USE: sbperm2006 at googlegroups.com **

margie at sbpermaculture.org
http://www.sbpermaculture.org