[Southern California Permaculture] PDC for International Development- May 2016

Lindsay Allen lindsay at quailsprings.org
Mon Feb 8 14:07:46 PST 2016

PDC for International Development- May 9-22 2016
Lead Instructor- Warren Brush with guest Instructors Pandora Thomas, Lindsay Allen, Thomas Cole & Brenton Kelley

Who is this course for?

This course is designed for people who work with Non-Government Organizations (NGO’s), Government Organizations, or are Community Organizers. The teaching is directly relevant for international development practitioners, including the technical teams from agency Headquarters and field teams engaged in implementation.
What is the applicability?

People working in international development will benefit from the years of experience of our teaching team in applying permaculture around the globe. We have tailored the entire permaculture certification curriculum to better equip the people who work in international situations where people live in non-westernized conditions. The Quail Springs Learning site is ideal for the immersion of these teachings in an off the grid, nutrient cycling, dry land, water conscious community, where we work with the surrounding natural resources to provide for our shelter, water, food, and energy. Participants learn:
Tools to integrate sustainable systems design into existing projects
A systems analysis design protocol for holistic pattern recognition
To design stable and resilient food, shelter, water and waste cycling systems for health and resilience in all of your projects
To create an ethics and principle based training program within your organization that honors local customs, traditional knowledge and ecological conditions

The course has an emphasis on hands-on projects including a practical design project that is site and context specific and integrates all of the different elements of a thorough Permaculture Design.

Permaculture Design Courses always include the international recognized PDC Curriculum that can be found in the Permaculture Designer’s Manual. Highlighted for this course are the following:
Agro-ecology Principles, Processes and Practical Applications
Building Soil and Fertility
Carbon Sequestration
Watershed Management and Erosion Control
Waste Streams/Cycling
Perma-Gardens Curriculum, A USAID TOPS program
Conflict Resolution / Peacemaking
Pattern Literacy
Food Forestry
Water Harvesting / Graywater Systems
Drought Proofing / Climate Change Resilience
Earthworks
Design Priorities
Biomimicry
Broad Acre Applications
Food and Nutrition Security through Permaculture Design
Design Principles and Practices to build resilience in farming systems
Animal Systems and Agricultural Integration
Appropriate Technologies
Community Facilitation/Community-Based Development
Micro Enterprise Development
Cultural Awareness and Honoring
And much more!

For more info and to register please visit:
http://www.quailsprings.org/programs/permaculture/pdcid
--

Lindsay Allen
Farm Manager | Permaculture Educator