[Southern California Permaculture] MHG: Volunteer Afternoon - Friday February 19th

Hugh Kelly hkelly at talk21.com
Sun Feb 14 15:25:40 PST 2016

At our last Volunteer Day, we replanted around the outside of the fence to create a hedge of Butterfly Roses – it’s already looking like a great improvement!

Now we need to finish mulching around the roses, and spread more mulch to improve the paths around the garden.

We also need to extend our deep drip irrigation system so that the roses get their share of the water.

This week sees the start of the weeding season… yes, they’re back, and now is the time to take control before they do.

Please join us this week for our regular 3rd Friday open Volunteer Afternoon –1-5pm

+++ February 19th:  Mulching, Irrigation and Weeding...

If you like hanging out with other gardeners, spreading mulch, pulling weeds, taking care of trees – this is where you need to be.

Garden Calendar:

February 19    – Volunteer work-party {1-5pm}

March 5          – Volunteer work-party {9am-1pm}

March 18        – Volunteer work-party {1-5pm}

April 2            – Volunteer work-party {9am-1pm}

Hope to see you there.

Hugh

Hugh Kelly
---
President
 <http://www.mesaharmonygarden.org/> Mesa Harmony Garden

a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation

Ask a Master GardenerMaster Gardeners are available to answer your questions at
Mesa Harmony Gardenevery first Saturday from 10am–12noon