[Southern California Permaculture] Elders Climate Action - Future generations are depending on us!

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Wed Apr 20 10:43:21 PDT 2016

it's a great thing being an elder (anyone 50 and above qualifies
many others are).  this group is accomplishing great things, check
out their Our Congressional Candidates Climate Project below.

Elders Climate Action:
http://www.eldersclimateaction.org/

We are a campaign, a movement of elders committed to making our
voices heard...to change our nation's energy policies while there is
still time to avoid catastrophic changes in the Earth's climate.

If you are concerned about the legacy you are leaving behind for
future generations, then YOU are an elder.

Because of this concern and because we are the largest voting bloc,
we elders are in an unique position to influence national policy and
can use that power to push for
<http://www.eldersclimateaction.org/our_goals>new energy policies
that will reduce greenhouse gases to a level consistent with life
thriving on our planet.

Elders Climate Action is calling on elders to take the pledge and
stand together behind our common commitment to restoring a livable
climate for future generations.  Through this unified voice we can
create the political will necessary to break through the gridlock.
  Grandparents Climate Action Day 2015
ECA_GCAD.jpg

The first annual Grandparents Climate Action Day in Washington DC on
September 9 & 10th, 2015 was a huge success with over 100
grandparents joining together on behalf of the climate. Get the full
recap by watching the Webcast which features highlights from the two
day gathering, keynote speakers, and scenes from the flash mob!
<http://www.gcad.events/webcast>Watch the webcast
now.  <http://www.eldersclimateaction.org/join>Join us and stay
connected to learn about future Elders Climate Action Events in 2016!

----------

Elders Climate Action Announces a New Effort:

Our Congressional Candidates Climate Project

Despite the fact that humanity is facing the greatest threat to the
wellbeing of future generations in human history - and the fact that
the United States is crucial to any hope for a solution - in the
first phase of this year's national campaign season, climate change
has barely been mentioned.

This year, we Americans will be electing a new president, a third of
the Senate and the entire House of Representatives.  If we are to
hope to make significant progress after the election, we must do
everything we can to raise the issue of climate change in the
election campaign.  That responsibility falls especially to elders,
who throughout human history are the people who have had a long view
and commitment to future generations. Just as Iroquois elders called
for attention to the seventh generation, so must elders today speak
out on behalf of the grandchildren and great grandchildren.

To accomplish that, we need elders in as many Congressional districts
as possible to participate.

Here's how you can participate in this project:
    * Join with one or two other concerned elders in your area to ask
your candidates for Congress to complete our ECA candidates'
questionnaire on climate change.
    * Find ways to encourage candidates to complete the questionnaire.
    * Let people in your community know about the ECA Candidates
Climate Project and the candidates' responses.
    * There are also other ways you can help ECA make a difference on
climate change (see our Volunteer Form)
http://www.eldersclimateaction.org/

Future generations are depending on all of us!

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org