[Southern California Permaculture] Are you a Bernie fan?/Fundraiser Thur Apr 28/SOhO in Santa Barbara

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Apr 28 09:55:36 PDT 2016

not an endorsement, everyone has to make up there own mind,  but is
the only candidate speaking about climate change...thanks for that!

Bernie Sanders

Afishnseathemoon, Killer Kaya, Souvenirs, and Broken Machine Support
Candidate at SOhO

----------

By <http://www.independent.com/staff/richie-demaria/>Richie DeMaria

On Thursday, April 28, four bands will rally around the presidential
candidate with a Bands for Bernie fundraiser at SOhO Restaurant &
Music Club, featuring Afishnseathemoon, Killer Kaya, Souvenirs, and
Broken Machine. All ticket and merchandise sales will go toward
supporting the Democratic hopeful.

Event organizer and Broken Machine frontman Schyler Douglas said he
felt inspired to host the fundraiser because of Sanders's populist
politics. "He stands for what I think most people want, which is a
more equitable society," he said. "I'm not a huge fan of politics,
but this is the first candidate who has ever really spoken to my
basic truths, and every band that's participating feels the same way."

"He just seems like a cut-and-dry kind of guy. I agree with the way
he wants to get the corruption out of the election process. I feel
like the whole system is bought and paid for and he's the guy that
can fight for it," said Afishinseathemoon's Johnny McCann.

Though the viability of Sanders securing the Democratic nomination
has been weakened following Hillary Clinton's victory in the New York
primaries last week, Douglas feels the fundraiser is still important
for keeping the momentum alive. "Just because we lost New York
doesn't mean we have to give up now. We got to keep up bringing
awareness to what's going on in regard to voter suppression and to
push our government to work for the people instead of the fucking
corporations," he said.

The fundraiser comes just before Broken Machine releases its first
album in its five-year career, which featured help from area musical
legends such as Snot's Mikey Doling and Ugly Kid Joe's Dave Fortman.
Hidden City Studios founder Elliott Lanam was also a huge help in
creating the album, Douglas said.

In addition, Afishnseathemoon will release a new album this summer.
McCann encourages Sanders supporters to come out even if they feel
disheartened. "Besides the music, just come out to SOhO and meet some
Bernie supporters and get everybody on the same page. Don't be
discouraged by anything the media says or doesn't say," he said.

Bands for Bernie featuring Afishnseathemoon, Killer Kaya, Souvenirs,
and Broken Machine will play at SOhO (1221 State St.) at 8:30 p.m.
For tickets and more information, visit <http://sohosb.com>sohosb.com.

Santa Babara Permaculture Network Logo

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190