[Southern California Permaculture] Online Class/HOT WEATHER CHICKEN CARE COURSE/begins TUES June 28

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Wed Jun 22 19:55:15 PDT 2016

The Gossamer Foundation Presents:
<http://chickensandyou.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=067ee0ed82884a8f51dc4912b&id=d659038444&e=ab6229448e>
[]
<http://chickensandyou.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=067ee0ed82884a8f51dc4912b&id=d659038444&e=ab6229448e>

CHICKEN HOT WEATHER CARE, COOP MODIFICATION AND HEALTH CARE

ONLINE  CLASSES WITH COACHING
Starts Tuesday June 28, 2015 — 4 classes, some 990 minutes
7:30pm ET
Facilitator Patricia Foreman & other chickeneers

This 4-class course pro-actively helps you to
help your flock thrive through extreme heat
conditions. Learn simple, time saving ways to
make daily tasks easier and keep your flock
healthy. Getting ready now prevents hardship and
suffering to your birds later. Students prepare
and carry out custom action plans for their
coop  summerization. Coaching and live
discussions on what works—and what doesn't. Do it
for your flock & for your peace of mind.  More
information & registration
at:
<http://chickensandyou.us6.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=067ee0ed82884a8f51dc4912b&id=0abfc3d1bb&e=ab6229448e>www.ChickensAndYOU.com
Individual Tuition Only $97, Family Tuition $150

TOPICS COVERED

• Which breeds body types are heat tolerant.
• How to cheaply and effectively modify your coop
(inside and outside) for your flock’s comfort, health & safety.
• Simple things you can do to help keep your flock cool.
• Summer feeds, feeding presentation.
• Homegrown chicken feed: crops you can harvest
from your garden for your flock through the summer.
• Easy ways to keep water fresh & cool.
• When to keep birds cooped-up & when to let them out depending on the weather.
• Summerizing runs.
• Bird-scaping for summer shade and predator protection.
• Summer egg production: what to expect from your hens.
• Pro-active hot weather management for optimal flock health and production.
• Heatstroke & heart attacks: Prevention and treatment.
• Summer predator protection & when they are most likely to sttalk your flock.

ACTION PLANS FOR SUMMERIZATION
Each student develops individualized action plans
for their coops summer modifications, feeding &
watering strategy, flock pro-active health care & egg production.
<http://chiickensandyou.us6.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=067ee0ed82884a8f51dc4912b&id=a3b6c8e061&e=ab6229448e>Course
Starts Tuesday, June 28, 2016— Register Now!
Learn simple, inexpensive ways to keep your flock
cool and comfortable. Understand your chicken's
body language to know when they are suffering
from heat. Treating heat stroke in time can safe
a bird's life, but more importantly, learn how to
prevent it and heat-related suffering.
[]

[]

[]

Knowing how to manage my flock for the heat is a
huge peace of mind. — Anne Diego, Texas

The smallest things made the biggest difference
to my chickens comfort.— Courtney Dagney, Indiana

I would have needlessly lost some birds if I had
not taken this course. Thank you! Andy McDowell, California

LIVE ONLINE COURSES WITH COACHING ON INTEGRATING
CHICKENS IN WITH LOCAL FOOD PRODUCTION SYSTEMS
• Convenient access of on-line training from
wherever you are withh a computer or phone.
• Advanced GoToTraining format with cam videos.
• Class notes with all slides for clear understanding of concepts and systems.
• 24/7 replay of class sessions.
• Real time video streaming and chat during class.
• Chat room open 1/2 hour before class & remains
open till lasst Chickeneer logs off.
• Classes run from 60 to 90 minutes depending on
the topic and student questions.
• Small classes for maximum participation.
• International access through your computer & VoIP, or phone access.
• Continue with other Chickeneers on a private
(closed) Chickens and YOU FaceBook group.
• We strive to keep tuition broadly affordable; at about $20 per contact hour.
• Facilitated live by popular author & speaker
Patricia Foreman and other expert guest Chickeneers
• Proceeds go to The Gossamer Foundation, a
nonprofit dedicated to global sustainability and
local foods. We can't have one without the other.

To arrange for courses in your area, scheduling &
registration (540) 261-8775 or eMail: Training at ChickensAndYou.com
<http://chickensandyou.uus6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=067ee0ed82884a8f51dc4912b&id=63c14e7c39&e=ab6229448e>REGISTRATION
— Individual and Family Rates
Copyright © 2016 The Gossamer Foundation, All rights reserved.
You have expressed interest in hearing about our
upcoming Chickens And You events at a special event you attended.

Our mailing address is:
The Gossamer Foundation
20 GreenWay Place
Buena Vista, VA 24416