[Southern California Permaculture] Carpinteria Valley Water District rainwater harvesting demonstration garden- earthworks workshop Sept 10

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 22:06:48 PDT 2016

Sweetwater Collaborative will lead the effort to put in a rainwater harvesting demonstration garden at the Carpinteria Valley Water District this fall. We will start with a community hands-on workshop creating the earthworks for this project, on Saturday, September 10, 10:00 AM- 3:00 PM.
Register at sweetwatercollaborative.org

Come be a part of something bigger, shape the earth to harvest water to build rich soil and nourish a water wise garden, at the Carpinteria Valley Water District offices. Water that falls on the roofs near the front of the offices, on Santa Ynez Ave, will be directed from downspouts into channels and basins that will form the foundation of a beautiful rain garden.

This workshop is free to participants; we ask that you sign up online so we have a good head count. Snacks, a light lunch, drinks, and many tools will be provided. Please bring your pointed shovels, picks and trowels to help with the effort. This will be a social work party that you'll walk away from with ideas and some real skills to implement in your own landscape.
We'll plant the demonstration garden at CVWD in November.
The path isn't a straight line; it's a spiral. You continually come back to things you thought you understood, and see deeper truths.