[Southern California Permaculture] Dive Down Laundry to Landscape hands-on workshop, free, Sat Sept 17, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 15:06:20 PDT 2016

 Help run washer water down a hill into a backyard full of fruit trees. Learn about connections before and after a crawlspace, using different sized landscape tubing, and unique water needs of each tree. We will also water four rose bushes with greywater. The workshop will take place on the Eastside of Santa Barbara. Register nowThere are lots of different subtle heights in this yard that will make the work interesting. There'll be some digging of mulch basins but greywater installation is more about connections and valves than digging. We'll help put together plumbing in the laundry room that has already been dry fit, and then jump to the landscape, from a pipe that has already been run through a crawlspace.This will be a learning through doing workshop, with additional educational points reviewed during the break and lunch. If you want to learn more about greywater and the laundry to landscape system before the workshop, please seehttp://sweetwatercollaborative.org/basic-page/using-greywater-your-landscape-0 http://oasisdesign.net/greywater/laundry/ andhttp://greywateraction.org/contentabout-greywater-reuse/ We also encourage you to attend one or more of our monthly lecture/classes on greywater reuse to get answers to general questions or specifics not related to the workshop installation that we don't have time to cover during our hands-on workshops.  The fee for these classes is just $10 per person.  Our next Greywater 101 class will be Monday, September 19, from 7:00-8:30PM, at the McKenzie Park Adult Building, 3111 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA  93105 . Join us on Saturday, September 17, from 10:00 AM- 3:00 PM. Snacks, drinks, a light lunch and tools will be provided. Pleasesign up here. barbara wishingrad for Sweetwater Collaborative

The path isn't a straight line; it's a spiral. You continually come back to things you thought you understood, and see deeper truths.