[Southern California Permaculture] Make a real difference in these uncertain times

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 18 18:25:14 PST 2016

Sweetwater Collaborative is the perfect choice for your end of the year donation.  donate now at http://tinyurl.com/give-sweet2
   - Concerned about big non-profits using their money to pay inflated salaries to their CEO and others? Sweetwater is transparent about all of our financial transactions and our staff are community members committed to working for the well being of our environment, at much lower pay rates than even most non-profits.
   - We know our local community well and fine tune our work to the benefit of all in our region.  Organizing locally is one of the most important elements for coping with these uncertain times.
   - All of the projects we do or help other do put carbon in the soil, a major step in slowing or reversing climate change.
   - Our emphasis on water wise awareness, water wise education, and water wise re-landscaping helps our community make informed choices and see practical solutions to our five-year drought.
   - Less reliance on imported water lowers energy use.
   - We provide opportunities for hands-on learning on water wise projects at no cost to workshop participants.
   - Some of our programs, like our Technical Round Tables for Landscape Professionals, are funded only by donations and much of the work we do for them is unpaid.
   - We work to give community members the level of support they need to move forward on projects that reduce water use in our community at large
   - Your donation can give us the opportunity to advocate for much needed local programs such as rainwater harvesting curb cuts on neighborhood streets and training of maintenance gardeners to install and maintain water wise features that constitute best practice in the field.
   -

   - Read about our 2016 accomplishments at

Honor Sweetwater's work through five years of drought | Sweetwater Collaborative

|   |
Honor Sweetwater's work through five years of drought | Sweetwater Coll...
 Sweetwater Collaborative is the perfect choice for your end of the year donation. donate now at http://tinyurl.c...  |   |

 thanks for considering a donation to Sweetwater Collaborative in 2016. It's more important than ever.
barbara wishingrad, Coordinator, Sweetwater Collaborative
The path isn't a straight line; it's a spiral. You continually come back to things you thought you understood, and see deeper truths.