[Southern California Permaculture] MHG: FRUIT TREE PRUNING - Clinic Tomorrow 10:30-12:30

Hugh Kelly hkelly at talk21.com
Fri Jan 27 13:01:34 PST 2017

January 28th: the California Rare Fruit Growers will host our annual fruit
tree pruning workshop, starting at 10:30 - workshop postponed from last week
- see full details below, and in this
<http://www.mesaharmonygarden.org/Flyer_20170121.html> Flyer.

Here's our garden
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jol_P9YjBG-9L8sh25RfDCQKRuGB7XY4X9qoWXW
NxzM/edit?usp=sharing> task-list.

Garden Calendar:

Saturdays      - Volunteer work-party {9am-12noon}

Jan 28          - California Rare Fruit Growers - The Art and Science of
Winter Fruit Tree Pruning {10:30-12:30}

Hope to see you at the garden soon.

Thanks

Hugh

Hugh Kelly
---
President
 <http://www.mesaharmonygarden.org/> Mesa Harmony Garden

a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation

 CALIFORNIA RARE FRUIT GROWERS - Santa Barbara/Ventura chapter presents...

Peaches, apples, nectarines, plums and more.

THE ART & SCIENCE OF WINTER FRUIT TREE PRUNING!

 Expert hands-on training in the Mesa orchard

WHEN: Saturday, January 28, 10:30 am - 12:30 pm

WHERE: Mesa Harmony Garden, 1740 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara, CA (corner of
Dolores and Meigs).

WHAT: Learn by doing! Guided by experienced pruners, we'll prepare the
deciduous fruit trees at Mesa for a fruitful spring and summer season.

WHO: All of us! Experienced CRFG members will guide us in learning how to
provide the best care for our deciduous fruit trees.

FEE: Free for members. For non-members, a $3-5 donation is suggested. ($10
membership will give you 1 year free local CRFG events, so why not join?)

DIRECTIONS: 1740 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara, CA (corner of Dolores and
Meigs). This 2/3 acre food forest/orchard grows food for the Food Bank and
is on the property of Holy Cross Church, but it's easiest to find using the
following directions as the garden is on the corner of Meigs Road and
Dolores Drive at the back of the property. From the 101 Freeway: Take the
Carrillo St exit and head toward the ocean. Carrillo turns into Meigs Road.
Head up and over the hill and turn left on Dolores Drive. Park along the
street. The garden is on the corner.

PLEASE BRING:  Pruners, loppers and pruning saws if you have them. Also a
folding garden chair or stool, water, sunhat, raincoat, sunscreen, umbrella,
-- or whatever you need to be comfortable. If you have any fruit,
refreshments or plants/seeds to share, those are welcome too!

CONTACT: For more information contact our chapter chair Larry Saltzman at
<mailto:saltzmanforest at gmail.com> saltzmanforest at gmail.com or (805)
451-4168.

WE'RE ON FACEBOOK TOO! Check out "California Rare Fruit Growers Santa
Barbara Ventura Chapter" for news of upcoming meetings plus discussions
about our fruit-bearing trees and other edible plants.