[Southern California Permaculture] Permaculture Course at Quail Springs

Quail Springs Permaculture info at quailsprings.org
Fri Mar 3 17:26:19 PST 2017

PERMACULTURE FOR RESILIENCE:
A DESIGN CERTIFICATION COURSE FOR PEOPLE WORKING IN INTERNATIONAL
DEVELOPMENT
MAY 21 – JUNE 4, 2017
At Quail Springs Permaculture

What is the applicability?
People working in international development will benefit from the years
of experience of our teaching team in applying permaculture around the
globe. We have tailored the entire permaculture certification curriculum
to better equip the people who work in international situations where
people live in non-westernized conditions. The Quail Springs Learning
site is ideal for the immersion of these teachings in an off the grid,
nutrient cycling, dry land, water conscious community, where we work
with the surrounding natural resources to provide for our shelter,
water, food, and energy. Participants learn:

Tools to integrate sustainable systems design into existing projects
A systems analysis design protocol for holistic pattern recognition
To design stable and resilient food, shelter, water and waste cycling
systems for health and resilience in all of your projects
To create an ethics and principle based training program within your
organization that honors local customs, traditional knowledge and
ecological conditions
The course has an emphasis on hands-on projects including a practical
design project that is site and context specific and integrates all of
the different elements of a thorough Permaculture Design.

  My learning journey at Quail Springs helped to nurture my presence of
mind to be a better and more active listener – a vital trait for the
international development professional. The coursework was incredibly
pertinent to my work in Uganda and without a doubt made me more aware,
more compassionate, and more focused in my role as a project manager and
human being.
– Grant Buhr, Project Focus, PDC graduate

http://www.quailsprings.org/programs/permaculture/pdcid