[Southern California Permaculture] Sweet Water Wise Walking Tour "Plus", Sat May 20, 2017, 2:30-6:00 PM, Santa Barbara

Barbara Wishingrad seaandmts2 at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 08:38:57 PDT 2017

 We are so excited about our upcoming Sweet Water Wise Walking Tour "Plus",  this time in the Mission Canyon area, on Saturday May 20, 2017, from 2:30-6:00 PM. Water-wise features include rain gardens, a Slimline raintank, dry creek beds, a native meadow, swales on contour, sheet mulching, and soil building.   We'll also see four distinct ways to treat stormwater as a resource instead of a nuisance, enhancing the beauty of our landscapes and benefiting the community.Like other Sweet Water Wise tours in the past, we will share exquisite landscapes with innovative water wise features. This particular tour has a special blend of unique features, highlighting amazing answers to lawn replacement and dealing with stormwater run-on. We have solutions that handle too much as well as too little water.Once again, the tour culminates with a lovely wine and cheese at the last home on the tour.Please wear good walking shoes. We also encourage you to bring a hat, sunscreen, and a water bottle that you can carry easily, for your comfort.  There will be restroom access at most of the sitesTickets can be purchased at the following prices as long as payment is received by May 19 (after that $5 will be added per ticket):Individual        - $25          Couple             - $40          Student/Youth (18 or under) - $10   (we also have volunteer opportunites)      Children under 5: freeClick on the "Donate" button on the left sidebar on any page of our website to pay by Paypal, or send a check to:Sweetwater Collaborative, PO Box 134, Santa Barbara, CA, 93102.Please include your name(s) and an email address when mailing a check. You will receive an email confirmation of your payment and some additional information about the tour, including starting address.  Please arrive promptly, as we have a lot of wonderful projects to see!Looking forward to sharing our good work with the community! See you there!
barbara wishingradTo be truly radical is to make hope possible, rather than despair convincing.