[Southern California Permaculture] Sat, Oct. 14 6:30-8:30pm potluck & informal conversation with Robert Kourik, author of Understanding Roots. South Coast Watershed Resource Center

wesley roe Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Oct 12 07:58:06 PDT 2017

Join the California Rare Fruit Growers S.B & Ventura Chapter (CRFG), Mesa Harmony Gardens & Santa Barbara Permaculture Network at the South Coast Watershed Resource Center, on Saturday, October 14,  6:30 PM - 8:30 PM for a potluck and informal conversation with Robert Kourik, author of Understanding Roots.
Watershed Resource Center, located in the Arroyo Burro Beach County Park (Hendry’s), 2981 Cliff Drive Santa Barbara, CA 93109. No reservations required. https://www.facebook.com/events/121827765191456/

Bring your questions about fruit trees and roots! Other topics as well ..
“…changed how I think about plants.” Toby Hemenway

All About Robert Kourik
www.Robert-Kourik.com <http://www.robert-kourik.com/>
I received much of my early training (and numerous continuing-education credits) in life skills from the School of Hard Knocks. I learned my various horticulture-related skills from the inside out by working with clients throughout California and the rest of the country for over 25 years. During that time I’ve taken on design projects of all sizes, shapes and textures—water gardens, paths and patios, elegant arbors, habitat gardens, innovative home playgrounds, outdoor barbecue areas, deer-resistant gardens and landscapes and low-profile and attractive deer fences, to name just a few.

In the late 1970s, with only a high school diploma to my credit, I wrote a big fat book which has become a classic in its field and helped to define the genera of gardening now known as edible landscaping. It’s precisely because I had no formal college training in horticulture that I was able to envision and interpret this new interdisciplinary and original approach to gardening and landscaping. Although I’ve focused primarily on organic, natural, sustainable, integrated systems, permaculture and appropriate horticulture methods, as a result of my continual on-the-job training I’ve become handy at (and sometimes considered an authority on) a host of garden/landscape-related skills (see other buttons on this site). And I’m still trying to graduate from the School of Hard Knocks.

Contact margie at sbpermaculture.org 805-962-257