[Southern California Permaculture] Oak Park & Mission Creek - the beauty of moving water

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue Mar 27 12:11:55 PDT 2018

Hi Everyone -

If you want to see something really beautiful, not seen often these past
years -

Take a trip to Oak Park (soon)  and walk the long path that runs along the
banks of Mission Creek.  The flowing water from recent rain storms is not
just visually beautiful, but the sound of moving water, it's actually
gurgling!  So lovely to hear.

By the way, a few years ago I picked up a book at a small bookstore in Morro
Bay called How to Read Water - Clues & Patterns from Puddles to the Sea, by
Tristan Gooley.   Wes Roe told me Geoff Lawton just featured it on his book
recommendation list.   It is exceptional,  I think every permaculture
lifelong learner should read & study, it's a beauty.

Happy first week of Spring!  Margie

Oak Park:

http://santabarbaraparks.com/parks/oak-park/

Read about Oak Park's  Storm Water Infiltration Project:

https://www.santabarbaraca.gov/gov/depts/parksrec/creeks/quality/lid/oak_par
k.asp

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190