[Southern California Permaculture] THU Apr 5/ The Future of Transportation - this Thursday!/6:30pm

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Tue Apr 3 19:18:29 PDT 2018

The future is coming fast!   Learn how new modes of transportation will affect our communities & public transportation.

​

The Three Revolutions of Transportation with Dr. Daniel Sperling

Imagine a community with less traffic, clean air, safe, affordable, and easily accessible transportation options for all.  Imagine cities where parking ceased to be an issue and redesigned roads that put people first. This scenario is a realistic possibility if we start taking the proper steps now.

Join the Community Environmental Council (CEC), the Coalition for Sustainable Transportation (COAST), the Los Angeles Clean Tech Incubator (LACI), and the Santa Barbara Bicycle Coalition (SBBIKE) on Thursday, April 5th, 6:30 PM at the Marjorie Luke Theater (721 E. Cota St.) for an evening of unpacking the future of transportation including autonomous, electric, and shared vehicles and what it means for our community.

Learn from renowned transportation expert Dr.  <https://3rev.ucdavis.edu/> Daniel Sperling who will present insights on how these three revolutions will fundamentally change transportation.  He will also highlight how policy choices we make now will determine if these changes will be for better or worse for social equity, traffic congestion, pollution, and energy use.  Following Dr. Sperling’s keynote, hear from startups leading the way in the mobility revolution. Join us for a panel discussion with cleantech startups—  <https://www.avmfg.com/> Advanced Vehicle Manufacturing,  <https://www.envoythere.com/> Envoy,  <https://www.evmatch.com/> EVmatch,  <https://www.xtelligent.io/> Xtelligent—who are challenging the current transportation paradigm and creating new markets for electric vehicles, shared mobility, and smart and nimble transportation infrastructure.

Doors will open for the event at 6:30.  Talk starts at 7:00 PM.
General tickets $10, students/seniors $7

Daniel Sperling’s latest book “Three Revolutions: Steering Automated, Shared, and Electric Vehicles to a Better Future” will be for sale with a book signing to follow event.

Tickets are available here.

 <https://www.facebook.com/events/299016040622375/> Join the Facebook page