[Southern California Permaculture] Saturday: Crop Swap and Cinco de Mayo Potluck

Hugh Kelly hkelly at talk21.com
Thu May 3 16:05:24 PDT 2018

Next Saturday is the first Saturday of the month, so please join us for a neighborly garden exchange, 11am-1pm. Bring any surplus home-grown produce or plants that you would care to share.

In June 2005, Congress issued a resolution calling on the President to issue a proclamation calling upon the people of the United States to observe Cinco de Mayo with appropriate ceremonies and activities [Wikipedia].

This being the case, our potluck on Saturday will have a Cinco de Mayo-inspired theme: please bring makings for tacos, such as taco shells, lettuce, tomatoes, grated cheese, salsa, shredded chicken, etc..

Many thanks to Michael Thompson for what was by all accounts an enthralling talk last week on the practicalities of growing pitahaya in our area, which drew a record crowd to the garden.

Come early, and join us volunteers in the garden from 9am, as we work our way through our task list <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jol_P9YjBG-9L8sh25RfDCQKRuGB7XY4X9qoWXWNxzM/edit?usp=sharing> .

Garden Calendar:

Saturdays     – Volunteer work-party {9am-12noon}

May 5          – Crop Swap: Garden Exchange & Potluck {11am-1pm}

May 19         – Talk: SOIL HEALTH. CRFG with Garett Long of Apricot Lane Farms, a self-proclaimed "soil geek" {10:30-12:30}

TBD…          – Plant Sale Fundraiser {10am-12noon}

Hope to see you in the garden soon!

Kind regards,

Hugh

Hugh Kelly