[Southern California Permaculture] Community Environmental Legal Defense Fund (CELDF)

Lindsay maypop at riseup.net
Thu Aug 9 14:51:14 PDT 2018

I just wanted to share some good news coming out of Columbus, Ohio:

Columbus City Council Votes to Advance Fossil Fuel Extraction Ban to
Ballot

"COLUMBUS, OHIO: Last week, Columbus City Council approved a citizen
initiative entitled the Community Bill of Rights for Water, Soil, and
Air Protection and to Prohibit Gas and Oil Extraction and Related
Activities and Projects Ordinance. The measure qualified for the ballot
with 12,134 valid signatures – well over the minimum required."

https://celdf.org/2018/08/press-release-columbus-oh-city-council-votes-to-advance-fossil-fuel-extraction-ban-to-ballot/

For folks who have not heard of CELDF and are involved in social justice
and/or environmental justice issues, I encourage you to watch this film:

http://www.wethepeople2.film/

This organization is also heavily involved in the Rights of Nature
movement...helping rivers in various countries get a voice in the court
of law.

Take care,

Lindsay

---