[Southern California Permaculture] Workshop - An Herbal Exploration of the Immune System

Lindsay maypop at riseup.net
Tue Sep 4 11:36:06 PDT 2018

Hi there folks,

This will be my first workshop that I teach in the area...and the first
workshop I have been able to teach since my little one was born last
October.  Needless to say, I'm really excited to do one of my favorite
things -- talk about plant medicine and herbs.

Please come if you are able and feel free to share...

Lindsay

---

An Herbal Exploration of the Immune System
at Pura Luna Apothecary in Santa Barbara
http://puralunaapothecary.com/

Sunday, September 16
from 10-11:30 am
$20-40 sliding scale

As the fall and winter seasons inch their way closer, learn key herbs
and foods to fight viruses and pathogens.  We'll also explore the basics
of the immune system and ways to ride the seasonal wave of temperature
changes with confidence.  Find out what herbs to have on hand in your
natural medicine chest for colds and flus, as well as herbs to steadily
improve immune function.

We will taste and sample simple herbs in tincture and tea form while
making connections between taste and actions on the body.  The class
will be a mixture of information, sensory learning, and group
conversation.

---

To purchase tickets, go to https://www.paypal.me/puraluna -- just enter
the amount you are able to pay on the sliding scale and write "Immune
System" in the description portion of the payment.  You can also
purchase tickets at the apothecary, 2009 Chapala Street.

---

About the teacher

Lindsay Kolasa is a Community Herbalist, Traditional Food Ways Educator,
Soul-worker, and Yoga Teacher with a background in print journalism,
non-profit management and social service work.  A major health crisis in
2001 catapulted her onto a healing journey which required of her a new
way of living.  Her work and her teachings are a distillation of what
she has learned along the way.

Originally from New Orleans and Mississippi, she has since lived in
Eastern Europe, San Francisco, the Blue Ridge Mountains of western NC,
and now, Santa Barbara, CA.  Each place offered up a unique set of
teachers, botanical wonders, healing modalities, and traditional food
ways.

Lindsay's main areas of focus are digestion, mental health, and trauma.
She has taught at large conferences, such as the Southeast Women's Herb
Conference, and for small groups, such as feisty, little garden clubs.

You can find out more about her work at www.madhupamaypop.com

---
personal website: www.madhupamaypop.com