[Southern California Permaculture] Sat SEPT 29/Santa Barbara Timeline Mosaic Community Workshop (near Paseo Nuevo Mall downtown)

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Fri Sep 28 18:10:33 PDT 2018

150 Million Years of History in 50 feet of Mosaic!  Share the story of Santa
Barbara.  Come be a part of the kickoff FREE community workshop .

More info: http://elizabethgallery.com/

(Betsy Gallery is a long time permaculturist,  she held one of the very
first backyard permaculture workshops in Santa Barbara!  We like to support
her ongoing creative community events by sharing on pc listserves)

  _____

ABOUT THE PROJECT

The Santa Barbara Timeline Mosaic project began in February 2017 when Santa
Barbara mosaic artist Betsy Gallery first saw images of the London
Queenhithe Dock mosaic showing London's history from Roman times to the
present. Santa Barbara's mosaic will become an educational site for locals
and visitors alike, illustrating important historical, environmental and
cultural events central to our local heritage.  Installed in a prominent and
accessible location in the city of Santa Barbara, the mosaic will show how
our environment and community have changed over time.

The fabrication of the mosaic, estimated at approximately 5 x 50 feet, will
involve volunteers from diverse sectors of the population. This will be a
mosaic for the people by the people. Classes and workshops will present
opportunities for the community to learn mosaic fabrication skills. The
mosaic will be designed to last 500 years and be a catalyst for how our
shared spaces can be re-imagined as places to meet, talk and enjoy the
attractiveness of our very special place on the map.

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
 <http://www.sbpermaculture.org/> http://www.sbpermaculture.org