[Southern California Permaculture] ** possible breakthrough in govt. shutdown developing **

John Calvert jcalvert at crystal3.com
Wed Jan 23 20:23:52 PST 2019

NY Times reports today:

<< Representative James E. Clyburn, the No 3. Democrat, said separately that Democrats could back a $5.7 billion funding measure that included drones and refitted ports of entry — but no wall. That is the amount Mr. Trump has demanded for the wall he wants to build on the southwestern border.

“Using the figure the president put on the table, if his $5.7 billion is about border security, then we see ourselves fulfilling that request, only doing it with what I like to call using a *smart wall*,” he said.

Both Mr. Hoyer and Representative Hakeem Jeffries of New York, chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, seemed to *leave the door open for eventual negotiations to include talk of some kind of border barrier* — so long as the government was open first. >>

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/us/politics/government-shutdown-democrats-deal-trump.html

There is some evidence that Rep. Clyburn is /actually talking about a physical barrier/ - a "Smart Wall".  Funded by $5.7 BN.

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-GYUNvVlfw

VIDEO: https://thehill.com/homenews/house/426623-top-dem-we-would-support-57b-for-a-smart-wall

Phone numbers for Congress members (enter your ZIP code):

https://www.callmycongress.com