[Southern California Permaculture] Santa Barbara EARTH DAY 2019/Join Us!

Margie Bushman, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Apr 25 22:40:14 PDT 2019

Hi Everyone -   it's Earth Day again!

This year Santa Barbara Permaculture Network will be in  Homegrown Roots
section, space #515.  Please stop by, we will have extra chairs & a table if
you want to visit, rest awhile, eat your lunch, relax in the fun of Earth
Day.

Also, Homegrown Roots section has its own small stage with some great
speakers & music, calmer than the main stage area.

So, in the spirit of Permaculture principle of  "stacking functions" let's
build on an existing event as opportunity to meet, share ideas, and discuss
all the emerging issues of our times, like permaculture solutions for
mitigating climate change, ecosystem restoration camps, most recently the
Camp Fire Restoration Project, carbon farming, marine permaculture, urban
food forests, sea level rise, endless interesting topics.

And it doesn't get any better than hanging out for the day and even into the
evening in the beautiful Alameda park, in our gorgeous city, with all our
permaculture friends, we are blessed.

We will share information about our ongoing Civics 101 for Climate Change
series, the International Permaculture Convergences,  upcoming local events
we are hosting that include Marine Permaculture with Brian von Herzen;
Living Machines with John Todd, some Eco Film nights, and more.

Huge Kelly of PermEzone will be tabling with us again this year, and Ray
Cirino will educate & amaze with his ancient giant Beaver statue &
interactive display -- we love beavers, but maybe not as much as Ray!

Thanks & gratitude to CEC for sponsoring this event all these years.  It is
the 50th Anniversary of the massive oil spill in Santa Barbara that inspired
and launched the first Earth Day.  (Smithsonian Article: How Oil Spill 50
Years Ago Inspired First Earth Day
<https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/how-oil-spill-50-years-ago-inspired-
first-earth-day-180972007/?fbclid=IwAR14RaenI8ieOH6T58baeTLzVP4sY_5NK35aK6Dk
qN8OL5X4FmXZaA_v3Bw> )

Earth Day 2019

 Sponsored by the Community Environmental Council (CEC):

  http://www.sbearthday.org/

Additional info, maps, & schedules for music, speakers, & kids activities
also listed in this week's SB Independent

When: Saturday, April 27 from 11 am - 8 pm
            Sunday, April 28 from 11 am - 6 pm

Where: Alameda Park, Santa Barbara, CA

(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190