[Southern California Permaculture] Saturday in the Garden - Lot's going on...

hkelly at talk21.com hkelly at talk21.com
Fri Apr 26 12:18:34 PDT 2019

Check out the flyer (below and attached) for our big event on May 4th as we bring back our ever-popular all-day workshop on Backyard Food Forests with Larry Saltzman. This year we’re including a bonus presentation on the all-important topic of soil health. Attendance is limited, so please be sure to register in advance through our  <http://www.mesaharmonygarden.org/rsvp.html> website.

This Week in the garden there will be an emphasis on composting: using the compost from our first finished pile to turn into our new raised beds, and turning the other piles. Weeding is still on the list, and cutting back companion plants that may be crowding out the trees.

And the PLANT SALE continues… don’t forget to come and check it out!

For information about upcoming workshops around town with the Master Gardeners see their newsletter  <http://cesantabarbara.ucanr.edu/Master_Gardener/Workshop_and_Event_Information/?newsitem=79688> here.

Garden Calendar:
Saturdays      – Volunteer work-party {9am-12noon}
May 4             – Workshop: “Backyard Food Forests” {10:30am-4pm}
June 1            – Workshop: To be confirmed

Hope to see you in the garden soon - there’s always lots to do!

Kind regards,
Hugh

Hugh Kelly
---