[Southern California Permaculture] Food Insecurity in Higher Education Public Forum WED May 15 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM

wesley roe Santa Barbara Permaculture Network lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu May 9 13:42:21 PDT 2019

 Food Insecurity in Higher Education Public Forum
May 15 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Fe Bland Forum (BC) West Campus  and BC 226 & 228.
Santa Barbara City College
721 Cliff Drive
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
Register at
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/food-insecurity-in-higher-education-public-forum-tickets-61200715989?fbclid=IwAR09LTU3LfIIZB8EzS1mg1an6mu2dudvfiZP6RtF2hqWBGyf5YQWdRwgpQ4 <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/food-insecurity-in-higher-education-public-forum-tickets-61200715989?fbclid=IwAR09LTU3LfIIZB8EzS1mg1an6mu2dudvfiZP6RtF2hqWBGyf5YQWdRwgpQ4>

Please join us for the Higher Education Food Security Forum next week.  Free dinner and great conversation on how to meet the needs of our college students!

by Higher Education Food Security Working Group of SBC Food Action Plan

Join the Santa Barbara County community in addressing the food insecurity crisis happening at our own local colleges. Many students face some degree of food insecurity, leading us to question how we as a community can support our neighbors in accessing healthy, affordable foods. All food suppliers, distributors, businesses, activists, and people of interest are welcome.

The agenda includes introductions and networking, presentations by food security activists from local higher education insitutions, and sub-group discussions on community-based solutions. DINNER WILL BE PROVIDED. Be sure to fill out your availability and dietary restrictions so we can provide catered food suitable for all attendees.

The forum will take place on SBCC campus at the BC Forum and BC 226 & 228. If you have any questions, please email gabrieletaat at gmail.com <mailto:gabrieletaat at gmail.com>, and feel free to share this event with any community members you believe would be interested in attending!

--
\