Eco-Ag Questionairre

Akiva Werbalowsky akivaw at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 19 17:50:46 PST 1999

Greetings-
Below is a an invitation and real opportunity to help enhance the
ecological awareness and performance of the fourth largest university
agriculture program in the nation. All responses are welcome, and if you
will BCC: me a copy of your response (to mshelton at calpoly.edu), I will
appreciate it.

I'm also willing to offer my suggestions if you'd like more info about
this process. I'll be at the EcoFarm Conference and mostly off-line for
about a week, but will respond upon my return.

Thanks for helping with this!
Akiva

****

QUESTIONNAIRE REGARDING THE CAL POLY STUDENT EXPERIMENTAL FARM

The College of Agriculture at Cal poly is reviewing the role of the
Student Experimental Farm (SEF) in its educational program.  The SEF has
for several years served as a site at which students and faculty could
study various "alternative agriculture" practices via senior projects,
enterprise projects, and demonstration projects.  It includes the only
land at Cal Poly officially certified for organic production.  We are
seeking the input of students, staff, faculty and individuals from the
local community in establishing the appropriate purpose and scope for
the SEF in the future.  Input from individuals who have had first-hand
involvement in the SEF is particularly sought.  Please respond to the
following questions and return the completed questionnaire to Dr. Mark
Shelton, College of Agriculture, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, CA  93407.
Or email response to mshelton at calpoly.edu

1.  I am a: (check one)
____ student              ___ member of local community
____ staff                ___ alumnus
____ faculty              ___ other (explain)

2.  My current and/or past involvement at the SEF has been (check as
many as apply):
____ visit to SEF as part of lab for regular Cal Poly course
____ enterprise project
____ participant in workshop or extended education course
____ volunteer learning ecological agriculture, permaculture, or
gardening
____ other (explain)
____ none

3.  In my opinion, the most positive aspects of the SEF are:

4.  In my opinion, the biggest problems with the SEF are:

5.  If I had the authority to do so, I would make these changes at the
SEF:

6.  In the future, the SEF should be used for:

7.  If Cal Poly would allow it, the following is what I will personally
do or be involved in at the SEF:

8.  If a Community Advisory Group is formed, I would like to be
contacted about serving on that advisory group.
YES ____   NO ____

Telephone number____________