[Central Coast CA Permaculture] Places for Permaculture Projects and Permaculture Education this summer

Teresa Lees treelees at charter.net
Wed Jul 11 20:38:44 PDT 2018

Hello SLO Permaculture Guild,

This newsletter is a list of two dozen organization promoting the ethics and design practices of Permaculture. You are invited to get involved.

We have several places for Permaculture Projects  and Permaculture Education here in SLO County as well as places north and south of us:

1.       City Farm – Our Global Family Village (https://www.ourglobalfamilyfarm.com/) and also Carmichael Environmental (http://www.carmichaelenvironmental.com/ )have Food Forests edible landscapes and educational programs to promote regenerative agriculture. We have work parties on the second Saturday of every month. You are invited to come! Potluck at 12noon.

The next work party is this coming Saturday, July 14th 9am to 12noon.  Please join our team to participate in the summer harvest and get some urgent work done.

We'll be cultivating and mulching the food forest to protect our growing orchard from the attack of bristly ox tongue and cheese weed.

We'll be adding string to the posts supporting growing tomatoes and peas.

We'll be planting a new crop of lettuce and spinach.

We'll be moving forward on the permanent installation of our pergola roof.

http://centralcoastgrown.org/drupal/sites/default/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/images/IMG_3747.jpgFor the whole story in pictures, check out our Flickr site <http://centralcoastgrown.org/drupal/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1386&qid=92080>  and our Instagram feed: https://instagram.com/cityfarmslo <http://centralcoastgrown.org/drupal/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1387&qid=92080>

We just hosted the FARMGIRLS Summer Camp Movie link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4kaK7UZywpPQvUTs6

Photos link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/8jx8cPrAbicd5fK97

We will host Junior Rangers Day Camps in August and this next school year we will be gearing up for school field trips to City Farm.

2.       Branch Mill Organic Farm - http://branchmillorganics.com/farmstand/

Upcoming events:

July 13 Farm Ecology Tour: Introduction to Organic, Biodynamics & Permaculture by Donation

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/farm-ecology-tour-introduction-to-organic-biodynamic-and-permaculture-tickets-47961865230

July 14 Kids Workshop: Organic Farm Investigation $15

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kids-workshop-organic-farm-investigation-learn-about-growing-food-tickets-47958642591

July 28 Kids Workshop: Organic Farm Investigation $15

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kids-workshop-organic-farm-investigation-learn-about-growing-food-tickets-47959551309

August 10

Farm Ecology Tour: Introduction to Organic, Biodynamics & Permaculture by Donation

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/farm-ecology-tour-introduction-to-organic-biodynamic-and-permaculture-tickets-47970194142

Robert 'beto Barnett and Angie Schultz

Agroecology Research and Cooperative Economics

Moon Phase Farmers <http://www.moonphasefarmers.com>

3.       Chumash Kitchen Summer Flavors and Sacred Places – July 28th at the San Luis Obispo Botanical Garden

https://www.slobg.org/calendar-of-events/chumash-kitchen

Taste the wild flavors of the season. Join us this July as we reconnect with the local environment, the season, and your health during the summer Chumash Kitchen offering with Chumash chef and herbalist, Violet Cavanaugh. This offering will leave you nourished, connected, and grateful for the gifts of nature. Join Violet as we learn the practices of collecting, processing and transforming seasonal, local foods into several modern and traditional recipes, all while developing a deeper awareness for the sacred spaces in Central California.

4.       SLO Guild Hall – Pancake Breakfast on the first Sunday of the month – Now with live music from the Opera SLO

Attached is a flyer advertising the upcoming pancake breakfasts that will include free entertainment at our hall for all breakfast attendees.  All entertainment will start at 10 a.m. on the noted Sundays.  If you can help volunteer for any of our breakfasts, please let us know so we can count on you  which should also increase our attendances. The September Pancake Breakfast will be a fundraiser for the SLO Guild Hall to

Thank you,

Shirley Hanrion sloguildhall at yahoo.com

SLO Guild Hall

2880 Broad St

San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

www.sloguildhall.org

1-805-543-0639

Office Hours M-W-F 10am to 2pm

And also the Atascadero Agriculture Hall – https://www.facebook.com/groups/707548526046895/

The primary mission of the Atascadero Agricultural Hall is to support local small scale and family farms as an essential mainstay of local economies and food security, including support for farmers markets, farmland preservation, community gardens, and gardening & food education and distribution programs.

5.       Bob Banner Hope Dance Films- https://www.facebook.com/groups/HDanceFiLMs/

This is primarily a site to reveal transformational videos, trailers and clips like TED talks... issues that are solutionary, uplifting, positive yet revealing and unveiling, typically leaving the viewer a way to feel inspired and a way to DO something.

6.       Nature’s Touch in Templeton - http://www.naturestouchnurseryandharvest.com/

Nature's Touch Nursery & Harvest is a specialty plant nursery and local grocery store. We only sell local within California, Certified Organic and Naturally Grown produce. The natural grown produce has to be grown locally and comes to us with a soil analysis to guarantee that they are farmed with sustainable practices. Every-thing that Nature's Touch puts on the shelves has to come with research, quality and the most that we can get from our dollar.

7.       UCCE Master Food Preservers classes - http://cesanluisobispo.ucanr.edu/YouthFamilyCommunities/Master_Food_Preserver_Program/Training/

Holidays in July

Class Fee: $5.00